pro-83 "paging system eliminator" owner's manual page-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter900

Pro-83 "paging system eliminator" owner's manual page-40

While going through the owners manual of the pro-83, page-40 mentions "paging system eliminator" (information being developed). This radio is almost the same as the bc92xlt, except the pro-83's keypad lights up. The bc92xlt has the paging eliminator as a signal stalker option. I would assume RS/Uniden was going to do the same for the pro-83. Any other info available on this? Too bad the pro-83 was not flashable. A firmware flash would of added this feature.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What you could do is a limit search, and lock out any pager frequencies in the range you are interested in, then use Signal Stalker:

Search skip frequencies are shared by service
search, direct entry search, chain search, and
signal stalker modes. If skip frequencies are set
in certain mode, the frequencies are also
skipped in other search modes and signal
stalker mode.

walter900

I've actualy beeen doing that. So far it's working fine. I just wished their were more than fifty channels of the search skip function. The data in the 800's are starting to add up.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You could upgrade to a BC246T, it's the same size as the PRO-83/84, yet has Broadcast Screen for Pager and UHF-TV as well as search lockouts.

walter900

The 246 is a great radio. I checked it out the other day. The audio was loud, crisp and clear, IMO.. It sounded way better than the 396's tin sound.... But for the $$$$$$, you can't beat the pro-83!! Too bad you can't flash the bc92xlt firmware into it. That would add the pager screen and update the steps. The pro-83's audio is on the low side, even through earphones... Their must be a small resister causing this. Hopefully someone will come up with a audio mod for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.