Pro-92 - multiple sites per bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Hey, I can't find the information on the wiki, or if it's there I'm not seeing it - anybody know if the Pro-92 will allow you to put multiple sites of the same Motorola system in one bank, or do you have to do one site per bank? Thanks!

D

DaveNF2G

You can do that, but the scanner will always stop on the first CC it hears, so the second site might never be checked.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the 92 supports multi site trunking. You can try it and see what happens. If it works, let us know.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Well, I don't own it yet, so it would be an expensive test :p
I'll probably just pay the extra for a second Pro-97. At least I know it can do it :)

Unless anybody can suggest another inexpensive trunking scanner that can do multiple sites per bank and has alpha tagging capabilities? (the person I'm setting up for relies on the alpha tags) Doesn't have to be RS, if there's a Uniden that fits the description it's fair game!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
92 V1 requires the user to lock out the duty control on all Motorola systems, thus it will not work. Subsequent versions do not require this but as Dave stated, will function on the first control frequency acquired.

However, locking out undesired controls is feasible so one can be somewhat selective in which tower to monitor. Of course, all frequencies for selected towers need to be programmed but no order required so list the controls early for lockout management.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
hfx_chris said:
Unless anybody can suggest another inexpensive trunking scanner that can do multiple sites per bank and has alpha tagging capabilities? (the person I'm setting up for relies on the alpha tags)
I have all the scanners listed below in my tag line. The PRO-92s require that all frequencies for a TRS be programmed. I've actually got a multi-site programmed into a single bank, but I rarely use that model scanner for that purpose, and when I do I just want it to lock onto the CC that it receives best.

While my PRO-95s and PRO-97s both do a great job receiving both CCs from a multi-site system, ironically I like using my 95s for listening to the local TRS. I tried several different set ups, and a lot of factors led me to doing this this way. One issue is that the '97s have CT/DC decoding, so I definitely wanted them for conventional stuff. Since the 95s don't have CT/DC decoding, I don't notice that is missing when using them exclusively for TRS monitoring. But lastly and more importantly, I just get better reception from any local 800 MHz stuff from a 95 than I do a 97 (using the same antenna when comparing).

hfxChris

Database Admin
Hmm. Thanks for the info!

I have both Pro-97 and Pro-96 that I use, this is something I'm setting up for another person who just needs to be able to monitor the local trunked system. Her house is within range of two sites on the system, so it would be nice to have it scan both sites at the same time. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.