Pro-95 Programming via Win 95 DEC/HEX question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1charter

I am in the process of setting up win 95 to reprogram my pro-95 for the first time. I find that when I try to input talk group ID's the software will not let me enter a DEC number greater than 2047. I am currently inputting the HEX ID's but notice that if I close and reopen the software the ID's have been changed to some form of DEC numbers. If I select HEX the ID's go back to what i had input. My question is whether or not this is a software glitch and whether or not my trunked banks will program correctly? Any help would be appreciated. Currently running win 95 V00.13.

Thanks,

seamusg

1charter said:
I am in the process of setting up win 95 to reprogram my pro-95 for the first time. I find that when I try to input talk group ID's the software will not let me enter a DEC number greater than 2047. I am currently inputting the HEX ID's but notice that if I close and reopen the software the ID's have been changed to some form of DEC numbers. If I select HEX the ID's go back to what i had input. My question is whether or not this is a software glitch and whether or not my trunked banks will program correctly? Any help would be appreciated. Currently running win 95 V00.13.

Thanks,
What system are you trying to program in.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Adding jpg of Win95 Motorola settings

Welcome to the forum.

You apparently have the system set to EDACS in Win95, 2047 is the last DEC ID for an EDACS system. Hex is available in case you only know the Hex value of a TG, otherwise use DEC only for Motorola II or DEC or AFS for EDACS or MOT I or hybrid.

If you are in Ocean County, I don't see a listing for any EDACS, so could be you need to check the bank (pulldown) Type selection near the top center of Win95 for MOT. Check the (pulldown) next to each freq for MOT also. I don't notice any EDACS in Monmouth County either.

Edit: Note, only Control Freqs ar needed for Motorola systems.

Last edited:

1charter

Thanks guys!!!

Being a newbie I didn't realize that I had not set the RX Mode to Motorola...DUH!!!

After changing this I was able to put in the proper DEC ID!

Thanks for your help and the really quick response...it is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.