Pro-96 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just Picked up a Pro-96, and would like to know what my choices are for Case's?

The only Case's I have found so far are the ones by ScannerMaster & ScannersUnlimited, is there any other choices? Would rather not have one that has a large swivel type belt unit, so I guess I am leaning towards a soft case?

What type of Case are you using?

Thank You

squadman

Feed Provider
califzeph said:
At least there is a case for the 96... I had to get a generic case for the 97!

I'll second that, I really don't need a case with a heavy duty swivel clip, but would like a case with just a metal belt clip on it.

E-Man

Banned
Ok, it looks like those are the only choices, anyone using the soft case from Scanners Unlimited?

Can you see the screen well with the plastic? How does the belt clip work? Thanks

safetyobc

If you can wait.... www.lilkase.com has excellent cases. They moved so their website has been down, but they should be back soon. I have one of their cases for my BCD396T and also had one of their cases for my Pro-97 (sold the 97 with case) and they are very good quality.

You can see pictures of my case on the Pro-97 here: http://www.scanningarkansas.com/Pro97/

That is, if you can wait on them to come back online.

E-Man

Banned
That looks like a nice case, good pics except I cant tell what the material is? is it like the body glove wet suit stuff?

Doesnt look like viewing the screen with the plastic over it is an issue. I also liked the screen savers, but would they be necessary with the plastic cover on the case?

Good job on the review, glad to hear the 97 is a decent radio. Agreed to bad they cant give you a box.

Thanks again for the reply, I was hoping there would be more choices, and lilkase looks like it is worth the wait.

safetyobc

The case is a soft leather like, material. I am sure they can customize the case by leaving out the plastic in places you don't want it.

E-Man

Banned
The waiting is over, there web page is up nice cases.

28wannnabe

If you are looking for soft cases go to lilkase.com. They are great cases, fits my Pro-96 like a glove, easy to get on and off.

E-Man

Banned
Wow! Hand Made In The USA, Lifetime Warranty, Ten Bucks Cheaper, Recomended by 2 RR Members, I am ordering one right now.

Thanks for the reply's & directing me to lilkas.com

E-Man

Banned
My LilKase Pro 96 Case arrived several days ago, and it is everything that I was looking for in a case, I can now throw my Pro-96 in the glove box and not worry about it .

Jamrock808

E-Man said:
My LilKase Pro 96 Case arrived several days ago, and it is everything that I was looking for in a case, I can now throw my Pro-96 in the glove box and not worry about it .

Hi E-Man,

Does this case have openings for the DC & PC jacks?

-Chris

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
E-Man said:
Ok, it looks like those are the only choices, anyone using the soft case from Scanners Unlimited?

Can you see the screen well with the plastic? How does the belt clip work? Thanks

I use it, it's ok but the 97 is a little shorter than the 96 so you need a little foam spacer at the bottom of the radio for it to be centered in the case correctly.
I don't use the RadioShack belt clip for the 97, it's just too flimsy for my taste.

E-Man

Banned
Jamrock808 said:
Hi E-Man,

Does this case have openings for the DC & PC jacks?

-Chris

Yes, the case has cut outs for DC and the PC Jacks, and it slides off and on easy. The plastic that covers the display is crystal clear and plyable. Overall a very nice case for the money.

Hoofy

I had a hard leather case for my Pro-96 and I just got a Lilkase for it. The Heavy leather one provides more protection from rough use but the Lilkase is a much nicer to use case and will provide cosmetic type protection. I prefer the Lilkase for everyday use.

encj529

Softcase

Got a softcase from www.lilkase.com for my Pro-97. Excellent case, has all the right
cutouts, pwr, pc. Fits great, screen not distorted by the clear plastic. Great case.
He also has softcases the 95, and 96.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.