Pro-96 Priority Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimTDI

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone! OK so this whole "trunking" thing is new to me, but I have read a few wikis (actually wikis are new to me somewhat too...:) and I think I have some of the basics down. So here's my question...

On my Pro-96 scanner, can I put a call group or trunk in as the Priority Channel, or does it have to be one individual channel. I would like to enter my local Police Dept. as the priority, but they are part of a trunked call group. I hope i said that right...

In the old days, I just put their frequency into my Pro-2006, but that was before digital, and truncks, and call groups. I'm just glad I have access to this forum, or I'd be stumped with this new scanner.

NYRHKY94

Hi Jim:

FYI - The Pro-96 can not set a channel as the priority if that channel's receive mode is MO or ED (Motorola or EDACS). There's a note about that on page 42 of the manual if you want to check that out.

JimTDI

Premium Subscriber
NYRHKY94 said:
Hi Jim:

FYI - The Pro-96 can not set a channel as the priority if that channel's receive mode is MO or ED (Motorola or EDACS). There's a note about that on page 42 of the manual if you want to check that out.

Mine is MOT. I'm assuming that's Motorola Truncked so probably the same as MO you mention above... So if my local police is part of a MOT then I can't set them as my Priority Channel? If so... :-(

n2mdk

Priority won't work with a TGID and using a priority channel on a convention frequency while scanning trunked systems MOT included can cause additional problems.

JimTDI

Premium Subscriber
n2mdk said:
Priority won't work with a TGID and using a priority channel on a convention frequency while scanning trunked systems MOT included can cause additional problems.

Pardon my newbieness, but what is a TGID?

Status
Not open for further replies.