Pro 96- Pro 2096 re-banding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if anyone can help me with this ?
For a Pro 96/Pro 2096 to work properly on the Birmingham /JeffCo system does the CPU have to be upgraded because of re-banding .
If so do you have to send the radios in to Radio Shack or is this something you can do with Win 96 software ? Some parts of the county I receive the system fine but in other areas nothing at all. After cloning a friends new Pro 96 a couple days ago his radio was receiving the system loud and clear and my radio wasn't receiving anything so I figure since my radios were purchased before re-banding this my be my problem.
Thanks for any help.........................Bill Wall

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I doubt the problem has anything to do with re-banding, but as Hoser stated, likely firmware.

Check your DSP App by pressing 3 when the welcome screen is displayed during turn on. The latest is DSP App is U1.4.

SCPD

QRT
bwall332 said:
Wonder if anyone can help me with this ?
For a Pro 96/Pro 2096 to work properly on the Birmingham /JeffCo system does the CPU have to be upgraded because of re-banding .
If so do you have to send the radios in to Radio Shack or is this something you can do with Win 96 software ? Some parts of the county I receive the system fine but in other areas nothing at all. After cloning a friends new Pro 96 a couple days ago his radio was receiving the system loud and clear and my radio wasn't receiving anything so I figure since my radios were purchased before re-banding this my be my problem.
Thanks for any help.........................Bill Wall
Check ur PM's:0

SCPD

QRT
Birmingham p96 file

trying to send here
cant figure it out to send here, drop me PM with email addy
Paul

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
CPU: F 1.1
DSP App U 1:4
DSP Voc F 1:0

This is the current firmware screen on start up. The firmware is the most current but I don't know about the CPU.Anyway thanks for all the help......................Bill

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Unfortunately, the firmware on the PRO-96/2096 series isn't user updatable like the DSP App is. You would have to replace the hardware to update the firmware. The folks that have sent theirs back to Radio Shack for an out of warrenty circuit board replacement have said it cost about $200 to do so.

Radio Shack hasn't really given a definate answer on what will happen to the PRO-96/2096 after rebanding. However, it was specualated that you may be able to program those scanners with an 800 Mhz custom table. See my response on the Albertville System thread for the table I was given a couple of years ago.

Warren

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
wwhitby said:
Unfortunately, the firmware on the PRO-96/2096 series isn't user updatable like the DSP App is. You would have to replace the hardware to update the firmware. The folks that have sent theirs back to Radio Shack for an out of warrenty circuit board replacement have said it cost about $200 to do so.

Radio Shack hasn't really given a definate answer on what will happen to the PRO-96/2096 after rebanding. However, it was specualated that you may be able to program those scanners with an 800 Mhz custom table. See my response on the Albertville System thread for the table I was given a couple of years ago.

Warren
Thanks Warren, I read your Albertville post and have Win96 on my computer but I'm lost when it talks about programming a custom table.I guess I'll have to read a whole lot more to try to figure this out.I dropped my Pro96 off at Radio Shack today and tried to explain to the salesperson what I was talking about but she was about as lost as I was and just wrote on work order"update radio".So I guess I'll see what happens and in the mean time I'll try to figure it out with my Pro2096.Thanks again for your reply.....................Bill Wall

SCPD

QRT
just look again my CPU version is 1.5 thats good. after seeing that it could be the CPU version I have no idea though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.