Pro 96 + Pro 96 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator23

RadioReference Community,

Quick Question regarding Cloning a Pro 96 to another Pro 96 I've read on a forum here that someone else used a basic stereo to stereo jack. To do this. Is that possible? I don't need a special programming cable or something? ... I have the stereo to stereo one that fits the scanner but I don't want to use it then it wipes out both of them or some other freak accident. I've added a photo of this cable in the following photo-bucket link.
Thank you. Stay Safe!

Just the cable:
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/ImCoolLikeThatND/5b942b5e.jpg

Attached to Pro 96:
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/ImCoolLikeThatND/4b29a405.jpg

kf4uuz

Use a mono 1/8" phone plug for the PRO-96. I don't know what will happen if you use the stereo plug.
The very next generation of RS, and GRE scanners incorporated the stereo plug for cloning purposes.

kf4uuz

If you prefer, I am sure I can dig up an extra one. If you go that route, I will need your mailing address.
Otherwise, everybody sells them.
You want a 1/8" mono plug on both ends. The length of the cable is not critical.
The cloning procedure is a simple process.
If you need further assistance, just ask; either here, or in the RS forum.

Terminator23

@kf4uuz

Wow I *really* appreciate you going the extra mile for me.

I haven't been out the house yet, but I'm gonna try to get one this week. I'm sure I will find one. I think I'll call up the tech. guys at best buy before I drive out there.

Also thank you for clearing that up. I had google'd "mono 1/8" phone plug" and I was getting what looked like a one sided attachment thing. Not sure...

But I will be getting a 1/8" mono phone plug on both ends.

Thanks again for going out of your way to assist me.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Best-Buy and other "big box" stores are not my first choice for electronic components. Here is the US, there's a Radio-Shack on every 3rd street corner and practically every shopping mall. That's where I'd go.

Terminator23

@kf4uuz

Thanks for your help once again, Picked up that wire yesterday at bestbuy... did the clone today in less then 2 minutes. Worked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.