Pro 96 V-folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPOWLD

I have a Pro96 and need some help. How do I open/activate a V-Scan folder. I presently use folder #9, banks 0-9. I want to open another folder to add more frequencies and talk group I.D.s.
Can I toggle back and forth from one folder to another ie, folder 7 to folder 9?

I don't understand the directions in the owners manual.

Any step by step procedure would be great.

Thanks

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
When you load in a folder, basically it replaces whatever is in the "operational" part of your scanner with the folder contents. (Whatever you had in memory is erased when you load in a folder.)

You can then modify and save it back into your v-folder.

adkad

Hi: To open another folder you press program-function-program which opens up the folder menu and then press save, or load. You can save your current frequencies, load another set and modify at will.
adkad

n4voxgill

Silent Key
I sure hope that you have WIN96 software. It makes it very easy to do all of the programing. To move from one V folder to the next you press PGM, FUNC, PGM then press 2 and then 7 and press ENTER it will ask you to press ENTER again to confirm you want to change folders. Then you will see<<< going accross the bottom of the screen as i loads, then it will ask you to press ENTER and then CLR and you will be in the new folder. Sounds like a lot, but after you press PGM, FUNC, PGM it leads you through the steps.

VintageJon

I about went nuts trying to program my 96 with the buttons.

I got Win96 and life is good. I have a win96 folder for everything I want to scan and just reload it it for home or away use. I wish I had this for the Pro-91 as it's an hour of button pushing to get anything new and an hour to get back to where I was....

73's,
Jon

ind224

When I press enter after being prompted to load (2) it does nothing. Enter for yes, clear for no. Can't make it enter. ???

ind224

Got it. Not quite user intuitive but I figured it out. Select folder # prompt would have been nice. Thats what happens when you don't read the scanner manual or Win 96 all the way through;add being in a big last minute hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.