Pro 97 backlight when RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
I just received my first Pro 97, which so far seems to be a great upgrade from my Pro 82. Is there a setting to make the backlight come on when it is receiving? I used Win97 to program it but did not see a setting anywhere for that option. Backlight works fine when I press the light button but I'd like to program it where the backlight comes on automatically when receiving. I'm not sure if that is even possible with this certain model. This Pro 97 will be used in my shack hooked up to 12V power supply; battery power will be secondary power supply.

wtp

from the manual

Using The Display Backlight (97)
There are three backlight modes you can choose from to control backlight activation, Normal mode, Keypress mode, and first Keypress Ignore mode.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I was hoping there was another option for making the back light come on when it was receiving (like my Pro 106) or at least a way to set the light to stay on constantly once the power was turned on like my Pro 163.

I use Win97 to program my Pro 163s' and have never paid attention to an option/choice regarding backlight display. When I turn the power supply on to them, the back light just stays on constantly while they are scanning, regardless if they are receiving or not, without me having to touch/adjust anything on them.
I just assumed my Pro 97 would automatically do the same, programming it with Win97 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.