pro 97 question about trunking schp

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

you know how when you put the frequency in for the 800mh and you hear a noise like a diesal truck then you hit the trunk botton and you start hearing the talk groups well every now and then i hear that diesal noise pop up and it wont stop untill i hit scan again did i do somthing wrong or is that normal the 800 frequency i put in was the one in red in the rrdb

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Is there a talkgroup associated with it? If so, you're likely hearing a digital talkgroup, which the PRO-97 can't decode.

LarrySC

You are operating in the OPEN mode. The scanner should operate in the CLOSED mode. Enter talk groups into memory. Add alpha text to freq and talk group. BINGO. You hear what you want an no more noise. Better yet do it with software.

Ace809

Lugoffman......go to Radioshack and purchaes the Full-Speed USB/Scanner Programming Cable then Download the Software From www.Butel.com and use it with this Website to program the scanner.........it will cost u like $60 bucks but its easy and fast.......u can access this website right from the scanner software........

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ace809 said:
Lugoffman......go to Radioshack and purchaes the Full-Speed USB/Scanner Programming Cable then Download the Software From www.Butel.com and use it with this Website to program the scanner.........it will cost u like $60 bucks but its easy and fast.......u can access this website right from the scanner software........

#1 it's http://www.butel.nl/

#2 they don't sell software for the pro97

Ace809

they do sell the software for the pro-97......and its www.butelsoftware.com... it doesnt say that it works for the pro-97 but it does.......i know this since i have one....and it works fine.....the program is ARC433/528 works with all Pro Radioshack scanners

pogbobo

Ace809 said:
they do sell the software for the pro-97......and its www.butelsoftware.com... it doesnt say that it works for the pro-97 but it does.......i know this since i have one....and it works fine.....the program is ARC433/528 works with all Pro Radioshack scanners

:confused::roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.