PRO-97 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerpro

Hello,
I currently have bought a PRO-97 and I don't have access to the programming cable due too I can't find it. However It would be great If I could have a few answers.

1. How do I change the greeting text from the regular one from the factory saying Multi-system Trunking Scanner Radioshack?

2. How do I set up NWR SAME CODES and FIPS codes when I go into WX Mode?

Thank you very much!

Scannerpro

n2mdk

To change the Opening message text use these instruction
http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/97/97.html#text_tagging
To Text Tag the Startup Screen:
1. In Manual mode press PGM then FUNC then TEXT.
2. Move the cursor to the position you want using the down arrow to move right, or the up to move left, then skip to Entering Characters.
3. Press ENT to edit the next line.
4. Return to step 2 for the rest of the lines.
Press MAN to exit programming.

For the NWS FIPS SAME Codes
http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/97/97.html#weather_alert

scannerpro

You answered my Question #2. Thank you.

However for Question#1, That's for the programming regular text for the memory channels. I want to change the greeting text. When you first turn on the scanner it says Multi-system Trunking Scanner Radioshack then goes into scanning mode. That's what I want to change.

Thank you n2mdk for your help!

scannerpro

Bucko

I maybe wrong but I believe you need to use Win97 to change the welcome screen, at least that is the way I do it.

n2mdk

scannerpro said:
You answered my Question #2. Thank you.

However for Question#1, That's for the programming regular text for the memory channels. I want to change the greeting text. When you first turn on the scanner it says Multi-system Trunking Scanner Radioshack then goes into scanning mode. That's what I want to change.

Thank you n2mdk for your help!

scannerpro

Nope follow the instructions I posted it changes the starup text. MAN, PGM FUNC TXT

N3KGD

Yup n2mdk is right - the one I sold to you, that's how you change it - I had a custom text and changed it before I gave it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.