Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

mig192837465

I got my pro-97 today and i programmed some of the NYPD precincts into it, the ones closer by me are fine but as i got a little farther i get a little static on some and alot on others, i'm assuming this is normal but is there anything i can do get fix it a bit.

xpawel15x

Where do you live? I'm in Bergen County, NJ and get static on some NYPD freqs.

lugoffman

mig192837465 said:
I got my pro-97 today and i programmed some of the NYPD precincts into it, the ones closer by me are fine but as i got a little farther i get a little static on some and alot on others, i'm assuming this is normal but is there anything i can do get fix it a bit.

i use the larsen nmo 150/450/800mhz and i pick up real good as far as a antenna that goes on the scanner like the factory one i would go get a 800mhz duckie but the larsen workes real good for car use or even in the house as long as you got some were to put it out side but it only gots 12 or 15 foot coax with it i would use it for just the car

bezking

You could get a larger antenna.... But some of the NYCPD repeaters may not be up to spec in some locations.

SCANdal

Silent Key
w2lie had the right answer...

Bez,

What specifications are you refering to, that some locations aren't "up to?"

mig and 15: The power output on NYCPD repeaters are set to cover only the areas that they are assigned to cover, therefore a precinct Zone repeater will put out enough power to cover the two or three precincts that are in that zone. A Boroughwide channel will cover the borough in question. And, of course, a Citywide channel will cover has much of all five boroughs as possible - with help from multicasts, as needed. Since most of the NYCPD's frequencies are shared by agencies in surrounding counties they can not pump out maximum wattage just for the sake of a hobbyist wanting to monitor a channel four counties away; the same applies for other municipalities as will (i.e. Bayonne, NJ).

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.