• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pro106 Firmware 1.0 to 1.6 versions avail for Download anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthhorseman

Premium Subscriber
just looking to pass on some info to a chap,

anybody aware if the 1.0-1.6 versions are zipped anywhere for DL?

Or can the Firmware only be reverted by hand(flashing)?

any thoughts?

DonS

Version 1.06 was the original factory version, and was never released in a form installable by users.

Versions prior to 1.06 never existed for the PRO-106.

SCPD

what about for teh PSr line namely the 500???,. can the rs197/106 be reverted back to 1.06???

SCPD

No. The PSR and PRO series cannot use each other's firmware.
can either be reverted back to factory version & are the PSR 500 earlier updates 1.3 thru 1.7 available amwhere on line? specificaly I would like the 1.4 i believe it is

fourthhorseman

Premium Subscriber
AlabamaRS,,this what you mean??

,copied from the RS 1.7 upgrade PDF

Upgrading your scanner is a quick, simple, and safe process. If an error in loading the CPU firmware occurs, the radio is designed to automatically recover and then force a new CPU load without having to press the PGM/PROG key. If an error in loading the DSP firmware occurs, the radio is designed to restore the previous DSP firmware automatically.

all cred's n copyrights to the RS Corp.

SCPD

AlabamaRS,,this what you mean??

,copied from the RS 1.7 upgrade PDF

Upgrading your scanner is a quick, simple, and safe process. If an error in loading the CPU firmware occurs, the radio is designed to automatically recover and then force a new CPU load without having to press the PGM/PROG key. If an error in loading the DSP firmware occurs, the radio is designed to restore the previous DSP firmware automatically.

all cred's n copyrights to the RS Corp.
No, I wish to go back to the 1.4 CPU for unitrunker tracking PV talkgroups On an EDACS system.

cfr301

I'm NOT the brightest bulb on the string here but its my understanding firm ware updates are inclusive to previous versions only changing issues which don't work properly. So why would you need to undo improvements to achieve what your trying to do?

Rick

SCPD

I'm NOT the brightest bulb on the string here but its my understanding firm ware updates are inclusive to previous versions only changing issues which don't work properly. So why would you need to undo improvements to achieve what your trying to do?

Rick
the 1.5 did away with that capability is why. I want to try & map out,learn more about our local system

Status
Not open for further replies.