PRO197

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5ims

The company that made them for Radio Shack lost their Chinese manufacturing plant and went under. They later sold their IP to Whistler, who has indicated that they'll be releasing their line of scanners in late March or thereabouts. It is expected that they should be in Radio Shacks shortly after that.

n5ims

There are a few around if you look hard enough. Generally there are several on ebay although finding one new is pretty hard at this point. Be aware that the Radio Shack Pro-197 is the same as the GRE PSR-600 except that they use different firmware (the RS firmware works on the 197 and the GRE firmware works on the 600). What is the difference in the firmware you ask? Pretty much one has "GRE PSR-600" on the initial screen while the other has "Radio Shack Pro-197". That's about it.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
It appears somebaody had a real need for them ;)

There are a few around if you look hard enough. Generally there are several on ebay although finding one new is pretty hard at this point. Be aware that the Radio Shack Pro-197 is the same as the GRE PSR-600 except that they use different firmware (the RS firmware works on the 197 and the GRE firmware works on the 600). What is the difference in the firmware you ask? Pretty much one has "GRE PSR-600" on the initial screen while the other has "Radio Shack Pro-197". That's about it.

There were quite a few for sale on amazon the other day and the shack had a few as well. Not to mention the private sellers and scannermaster. Now I don't see any. Seems a little weird.

I haven't actually looked for the 600 though.

SquierStrat

i know my local RS had one of these in stock a few weeks ago, so i called them hoping it was on sale for some sweet price like the pro 18 was. They still have it in stock, but its only priced at $349.99 at the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.