PRO2020 Memory RESET

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5r

I bought an OLD Realistic PRO2020 to monitor some specific analog frequencies. I have no Manual.

My question is, How to RESET the receiver, erasing the programmed frequencies.

I cannot find manual on line for a scanner that old.

Thank you.
Jerry

fredva

Feed Provider
I believe you can just unplug the scanner and remove the 9 volt battery on the back. Keeping the programming stored when the scanner is unplugged is the purpose of the battery.

Last edited:

ab5r

HMMMMM? I tried that and didn't work. That's what the writing on the cover to the battery implies, but no joy. Maybe, I disconnect BOTH overnight and see what happens.
Thanks

ab5r

Well, overnight did not reset the memories. Unplugged AC and also removed battery; did not erase memories. Still looking for official Manual. I found a Service Manual, but no help.

ANY help will be appreciated.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
The owner's manual is available at mods.dk -> Instruction, users and service manuals for Radio_shack

There is no reset button on the PRO-2020. It is only 20 channels so entering zero for each channel is not too time consuming.

When the battery is removed there are still capacitors in the radio that hold charge and keep the memory alive. They will eventually discharge if you leave the radio unplugged long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.