Pro2096 Motorboating

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool101530

I've read all the posts, tried all the known 'cures' and still have difficulty reducing/eliminating 'motorboating' on my 2096 (Tomkins Cty. NY - 800Mhz) Tried reverting back to older versions, AGC on/off, delays of various lengths, different antenna, etc..Is it time to sell it and get something that will decode better? (If there were clear receptions, my wife might let me leave it on :)

Nasby

The good news is that you can sell your 2096 for over a hundred bucks and then use the cash to buy a new PSR-500 or similar model for only a hundred dollars or so more. They have really come down in price since their intro. While I like my PRO-96, the PSR-500 / PRO-106 is a far better performer. Especially with the motorboating issues.

N8IAA

I've read all the posts, tried all the known 'cures' and still have difficulty reducing/eliminating 'motorboating' on my 2096 (Tomkins Cty. NY - 800Mhz) Tried reverting back to older versions, AGC on/off, delays of various lengths, different antenna, etc..Is it time to sell it and get something that will decode better? (If there were clear receptions, my wife might let me leave it on :)
Main reason I sold mine three years ago and got a 106:lol:
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.