PRO668 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

I have to manually add a site on the new CT csern system because I don't have internet service for my pc at this time. So I add the control channel which is 773.93125. Upload it to the scanner and get full signal as indicated by the steady T icon. It's stopping on active TG's but no audio. The voice channel is flashing on and off and is coming up as a few different odd frequencies which make no sence. 796.996875- 795.96875 and 849.4125. Does anyone know what the deal is?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I have to manually add a site on the new CT csern system because I don't have internet service for my pc at this time. So I add the control channel which is 773.93125. Upload it to the scanner and get full signal as indicated by the steady T icon. It's stopping on active TG's but no audio. The voice channel is flashing on and off and is coming up as a few different odd frequencies which make no sence. 796.996875- 795.96875 and 849.4125. Does anyone know what the deal is?

Maybe not the same problem as yours, but my 668 and my Whistler TRX-1 and WS-1088 do not do very well on the 700 system. I have been monitoring the trunked systems for a while and I can get 4 of them full meter but they all have trouble with decoding the signal perfectly. Its the end of the road for me until I get a new scanner.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would be helpful if we knew what system you were trying to monitor - I would hazard a guess at a spur or overloading, but that might not be the case. Mike

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you "uploaded" only the frequencies and control channels as CONVENTIONAL objects? You have to invent the SYSTEM first in the proper area on the EZSCAN software and give it a P25 digital designation. You also won't hear anything unless you add the talkgroups as objects on a list or use a WILDCARD setting that hears all talkgroups and assign that to a scanlist. My advice is wait till you have Interweb and download the SYSTEM/Site/Talkgroups from the proper Import area on EZSCAN.

coolrich55

Another question. Why is the audio so much louder on the phase 2 talkgroups? Is there a way to turn it down without turning down the volume to everything?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
It's a "fix" that Whistler opted for when people complained so loudly about the Pro668 and WS1080s. Phase II is 2-3 times as LOUD by their design for ???? reason. To fix THAT fix* they invented a plus + 2 - minus - 10 setting. You push "menu" then scroll to (program menu) then select (global settings) then scroll UP to ADC Gain +1 - and DAC Gain -4 The "default" for these was set at +1 -4 I think. I find -2 and -9 works better for when I want to hear Conventional objects at full volume better, that way if you get a Phase II transmission *good luck* it won't BLAST our ears out as much. That's how they chose to fix things. I got a Unication G5 pager and the Phase 1 and Phase 2 are the same volume and 100% perfect. Don't know why? Whistler does half the things they do and had hopes for their TRX-100/200. But that got dumped :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.