PSR500/PSR600: problem uploading trunked systems from RR data base

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2MVP

I am trying to upload 2 trunked radio systems from your data base. I have uploaded the first system with no problem however when I upload the second system I deletes the first system "not enabeled". The second system I tried to upload in scanlist 02 some how disables scan list 01. I am not new to radio programming software. It has to an operator error. please help. I am using ARC-500 software.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
You need to get BOTH systems into the software (ARC500) and upload to the scanner at the same time. Each upload to the scanner is a complete overwrite; not "append".

Swipesy

I am trying to upload 2 trunked radio systems from your data base. I have uploaded the first system with no problem however when I upload the second system I deletes the first system "not enabeled". The second system I tried to upload in scanlist 02 some how disables scan list 01. I am not new to radio programming software. It has to an operator error. please help. I am using ARC-500 software.

You are confusing Systems and ScanLists..

Systems contain the Control and Alt System Frequencies. Associated with the Systems are specific Talkgroups.

ScanLists are like the old days Banks. You can load multiple different system Talkgroups to one or more ScanLists. But, each System must have it's own Unique setup.

Hope this helps.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
When you upload to the scanner with software, you completely overwrite everything in memory. In order to program the scanner correctly, you need to upload a file with everything you want to listen to.

KB2MVP

Question concerning RR download of trunker systems

Thanks for your help so far. I have uploaded both systems into the radio,however they are both in scanlist 01
What I would like to do is put system 1 into scanlist 01 and system 2 into scanlist 02. I still do not understand how to assign system 1 to scan list 01 and system 2 to scanlst 02. I believe that I selected
scan list 01 as the destination of system 1 and scan list 02 for system 2.
I am using ARC-500 software.
A little back ground about me. I have been programming EDACS radios for at least 20 years. This software
is beating me up. I have read almost everything on the internet concerning this software and I am still having trouble.
Please help!!!

budevans

Thanks for your help so far. I have uploaded both systems into the radio,however they are both in scanlist 01
What I would like to do is put system 1 into scanlist 01 and system 2 into scanlist 02. I still do not understand how to assign system 1 to scan list 01 and system 2 to scanlst 02. I believe that I selected
A little back ground about me. I have been programming EDACS radios for at least 20 years. This software
is beating me up. I have read almost everything on the internet concerning this software and I am still having trouble.
Please help!!!

I can't help you with ARC-500, but I can suggest that you consider another software package. WIN500 and PSREDIT500 are both easy to use software packages. I use WIN500 to program my PSR-500. Both WIN500 and PSREDIT500 offer a 30 day trial period. You can download them and use them for 30 days for free. After 30 days you will have to purchase the software key to continue using them.

Here's the link to WIN500: Win500: WS1040, WS1065, PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-651, PRO-652, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Here's the link to PSREDIT500: PSREdit500 - Configuration Editor for the PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, and PRO-197 Scanners

The following is a screen shot of the City of Cleveland's P25 Trunk System.
In the top half of the screen you will see the Trunk systems listed. In the bottom half you can see the Talk Groups and the ScanLists they are assigned to.

WIN500 has a large user base. So if you post a question, you should get fairly quick replies. Oh yeah, WIN500 also downloads from RR.

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Please help!!!

You need to assign the talkgroups of system 1 to scanlist 1 and the talkgroups of system 2 to scanlist 2. This is done by entering the scanlist number in the scanlist column of the talkgroup editor.

Gommert
Butel Software

KB2MVP

Butel software questions

Gommert from Butel responded to my question.
The next question is do I need to upload both systems into the radio and then edit the talk groups to different scan lists to achieve what I want to do?

Swipesy

The next question is do I need to upload both systems into the radio and then edit the talk groups to different scan lists to achieve what I want to do?

Talkgroups are unique to each system. ScanList are not unique to a system. Therefore, you can assign a Talkgroup from any system to one or more ScanLists. So for instance a Talkgroup unique to System #1 can be assigned to SLists 1, 3, 8 15, etc. System #2 TG's to SLists 1, 3, 6, 12, etc.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin

Just edit the talkgroups scanlist assignement in the software before uploading. you can use Preview mode in ARC500 to see how the objects are assigned per scanlist.

Gommert
Butel Software

KB2MVP

Butel software questions

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my questions.
The responces were all full of good information.
I have resolved the difficulty I was having.
I am going to have to spend considerable time learning how to use this user friendly software.
Thanks again to all that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.