Problem using BCD396T as Voice Follower with Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5mjw

Premium Subscriber
I am using an Icom PCR1000 with Unitrunker 1.0.0.23 to decode the control channel of a P25 system. I am trying to use a BCD396T as a P25 voice follower.

The site window is showing lots of activity and as expected includes one green frequency at any given time. If I display the BCD396T Receiver window, the Listen section seems to try to change the frequency, but then quickly flashes back to whatever the BCD396T is tuned to. If I manually change the BCD386T frequency, then that new frequency is reflected in the Listen section (after flashing the target frequency briefly). The rest of the Listen section reflects the row that is green in the site window.

So - it looks like Unitrunker is talking to the BCD396T, but that it is not successfully changing the frequency. Again, if I change the frequency on the radio using its keypad, that frequency shows up in the Unitrunker Receiver Listen section.

I am setting the BCD396T to a conventional system consisting of a single group and frequency, and placing it in HOLD.

For reference, I am using the latest BCD396T firmware - 3.02.02.

Is anyone successfully using a BCD396T as a P25 voice follower with Unitrunker 1.0.0.23? If so, do you have any advice?

SCPD

QRT
Loumaag reported this issue with release 21. I thought this was fixed but can't find any notes pointing to a fix. You may need to wait for the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.