Problem with Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevets

Premium Subscriber
I am using UNITRUNKER 1.0.26.16. I got my discriminator signal up to 99 level steady and decoding a P25 system with no problem. I have a BCD996XT set up as a voice following scanner. As soon as I "start" the BCD996XT on the UNITRUNKER "receiver" screen the scanner goes to "quick search" mode after a minute or so. I then push the "scan" button on the scanner and it scans for a minute and then goes back to "quick search". As soon as I select "stop" on the UNITRUNKER "receiver" screen I can then push the scan button on the scanner and it starts scanning. As long as I keep the scanner in "stop" on the UNITRUNKER receiver screen it keeps scanning. How can I stop the scanner from going to "quick search"? It appears that UNITRUNKER is sending a signal to the scanner to go to "quick search" every time I select "start". Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Hi steven;

If you want the radio to scan, why have it configured as a voice following receiver? Do you want Unitrunker to direct the radio or do you want the radio to do its own thing?

nevets

Premium Subscriber
Problem with Unitrunker.

I want the scanner to be controlled by UNITRUNKER. However when I set it it up that way the scanner goes to "Quick Scan". That's my problem. Thanks, Steve

SCPD

QRT
The radio should be going to Quick Search Hold mode. It will hold on whatever channel it was given.

When you press Scan, the radio quits holding on the Unitrunker specified voice channel.

More important - are you able to follow calls? Are you hearing traffic? Which system are you monitoring?

nevets

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the radio goes to Quick Search Hold mode.
Yes, when I press Scan the radio does quit holding on the specified voice channel, scans for a short time but it then goes back and holds on another channel, after a few seconds it goes to another channel, etc, It does not stay continously scanning like I thougth it should.

I am hearing traffic and following calls nice and clear. System - Virginia Beach APCO P25 BEE00-1E0

Maybe this set-up is working like it should, but I didn't understand how it was supposed to work,

SCPD

QRT
Voice following gives you some extra control over your listening that a normal - one channel at a time - scanner can't.

You can assign a listening priority to each talkgroup and set an overall listening threshold. You'll hear calls with priority less than or equal to your threshold. Since the signal receiver is separate from the voice following receiver, preempting less important calls to hear more import calls is possible.

Make sure "Listen" is checked on the main Options tab. The default listening priority is 50. Priority range is normally 1 to 99. On the Groups tab, you can set each group's ranking / listening priority.

nevets

Premium Subscriber
Now I understand! Many thanks for your help to this inexperienced user, I just played around with the priorities and lockouts and I see how it works. I locked out the PD and kept in the Fire and EMS groups and it worked likeI needed. I also see how the color set-up works now. It all appears to be working well. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.