Problems with Lincoln System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghall426

I have been a scanner enthusiast for several years and recently purchased a BCT15 even though I don't have any trunked systems in Columbus where I live. On a recent trip to Lincoln, I thought I'd try out my first programmed trunked system, but I had some issues.

I programmed all 20 freqs. listed in radio reference and a few talk groups but heard nothing upon my arrival into town. Upon further investigation, none of the 20 freqs. seemed to be the data channel. Searching around the 855-860 range I found 857.4125 so I put that in as LCN 21 just to see what happened.

Things seemed to work but I'm sure I don't have everything exactly right. Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks.

Greg

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
I'm not able to find anything legally licensed for use within the State of Nebraska or in Lancaster County for 857.4125

You should try again putting in what is found here, http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=623

You double checked to make sure had this set up in EDACS mode too correct?

Even then, you should be able to make your scanner go into conventional mode and be able to hear some type of traffic on these channels, they're still in use. Nothing has changed.

ghall426

I was in the correct mode and I do have those freqs. and ID's programmed.

The frequency I mentioned does show up as licensed in Lincoln:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseFreqSum.jsp?licKey=1151664

However it appears it's for a different service. Wierd how things seemed to start working when I entered it.

I'll try things again next time I'm in Lincoln. Can any Lincoln residents confirm that the 20 freqs. listed on this site are current and the only ones needed?

Greg

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
I was in Lincoln a few weeks ago and will be back there again this weekend and I never had any problems. I will look over my stuff again and compare it to what is listed in the database.

mikeoz

Lincoln system

Greg

That frequency given is for First Digital Holdings. That is a motorola business band system. Mostly used by D&D and Mobilecomm. I am guessing that you do not have the radio system programed for "edacs" or may not be in "logical channel number" order.

Status
Not open for further replies.