Problems with my pro96 please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

THACKMASTER

I am having reception problems with my pro96. I used to be able to receive LAPD from my apartment in Lake Forest but not anymore. Also local traffic is coming in on my scanner but with lots of static my pro97 gets better reception that my pro96 now. Is there anywhere I can go to get my scanner repaired. I dont know if my warranty from Radio Shack is still good.

Eng74

There is a one year warranty on the Pro-96, unless you purchased the extended warranty. How is it receiving outside of your apartment or in other parts of town? You never know someone around you might be useing something that they were not before so try moving the radio around. Is it just LAPD that is not coming in good or is it all channels having problems?

THACKMASTER

Thanks for the help. My pro96 is getting poor reception no matter where I use it. My work is in Tustin and when I used it there before it started having problems LAPD came in crystal clear. Warranty is up I guess I should have gotten the extended warranty. Do you think it is worth it to get it repaired or should I just purchase a new digital scanner.

brandon

Database Admin
Is it possible you accidentally turned on the global attenuator? This would certainly cause signals to be weaker, especially with the rubber duckie antenna. Try pressing FUNC and ATT to toggle the global attenuator setting and see if the problem continues.

Eng74

THACKMASTER said:
Thanks for the help. My pro96 is getting poor reception no matter where I use it. My work is in Tustin and when I used it there before it started having problems LAPD came in crystal clear. Warranty is up I guess I should have gotten the extended warranty. Do you think it is worth it to get it repaired or should I just purchase a new digital scanner.

Radio Shack service will run about $45 to $60 if it is the BNC. That would be a lot less than another $500 for another Pro-96 or a GRE 500. RS wil contact you if the repair is more than what was told you when you drop it off. Make sure you go to a regular RS and not a dealer store. They seem to be better at getting service work done.

Status
Not open for further replies.