Problems with new GRE PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

prophotoman

I imported several local police and fire departments into "Scanlist 001" the day I recieved the scaner (last week). Everything's been working fine since then. However tonight when, from the main menu I set the arrow on scan and press the right arrow key, I get the message," Nothing to Scan!" I had about 12 local citiy police and fire departments programmed into Scanlist 001. I checked and when browsing objects, the cities and agencies are still listed. Appears to be defective. Should I return it?

IowaGuy1603

I imported several local police and fire departments into "Scanlist 001" the day I recieved the scaner (last week). Everything's been working fine since then. However tonight when, from the main menu I set the arrow on scan and press the right arrow key, I get the message," Nothing to Scan!" I had about 12 local citiy police and fire departments programmed into Scanlist 001. I checked and when browsing objects, the cities and agencies are still listed. Appears to be defective. Should I return it?

Try re entering them and see what happens....................

prophotoman

I tried all the "DUH!" solutions. (comm tech 30 years!)

Everything looks good until I attempt to scan. I opened a ticket with Gre America. The problem is in their software, even the CD that came with the scanner is not Windows compatible and cannot be run in Windows Vista OR Windows 7. Of course the two scanlists I have ARE checked, and each contains the departments I picked last week. I want to totally erase the entire operating system in the scanner, but the CD that came with it refuses to load or run. I'm waiting for a responsorial from Grecom . Never again will I purchase a product with connections to Gre!!!

ferensen

By chance have you used the Scan Sets function? That can affect Scan Lists and bring on that error message.

wwfsmd

Installing on Windows 7

Everything looks good until I attempt to scan. I opened a ticket with Gre America. The problem is in their software, even the CD that came with the scanner is not Windows compatible and cannot be run in Windows Vista OR Windows 7. Of course the two scanlists I have ARE checked, and each contains the departments I picked last week. I want to totally erase the entire operating system in the scanner, but the CD that came with it refuses to load or run. I'm waiting for a responsorial from Grecom . Never again will I purchase a product with connections to Gre!!!

I had some problems when I was playing with it before reading the manual, so I installed the software on my Windows 7 machine in order to wipe it. If I recall correctly, the CD didn't autorun (a Windows 7 security option), but if I went to Computer and explored the contents of the CD (right-click > Explore) I was able to run the executable. The software and object oriented design took a bit to get used to, but once I made sense of it, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, have you tried saving the same objects to a new scanlist? I did this as a temporary fix before I wiped mine.

Don't give up on Grecom yet! :)

prophotoman

I worked with Shiro of Grecom's Tech Support group. Found out that the entire system within Stanislaus County changed on Monday! He guided me through loading the latest operating system and all the new freqencies. Everything works fine now! I had to download their latest software on their website.

IowaGuy1603

I am running the software on a both aVista laptop and a Win 7 Desktop . Both work just fine.

As said above it might not be idiot proof when installing but it does work............at least in my experience.

I had some problems when I tried to load a new system through the onboard memory card..............and got the "Nothing to Scan" message. yes I was frustrated when I was 90 miles from home and not able to scan the system I wanted.
When I got home I loaded the same system using the software and it worked like a charm. the next time I went to that area.

I carry my Vista Laptop with me if I am traveling now.................& always update the database on the computer before I go anywhere.

Last edited:

PC_Medic

The software is in fact 'Windows Compatible' . I run it with no problem on a Vista Ultimate Desktop and Vista Home Premium Laptop as well as a Windows 7 Pro Desktop. What exactly happens when you attempt to install the software?

SCPD

QRT
Never again will I purchase a product with connections to Gre!!!

Obviously you have never used a Uniden Scanner ? ..... they are far more problematic than any GRE scanner I have used, and I have used ALOT of different scanners in the last few years. Most of them, however were scanners belonging to friends.

The only scanner that I have used recently that is anywhere close to being perfect is the PSR500, though the PSR800 does come very close. Most of the Uniden scanners I have used have a very awkward user interface and i'm sure you will find that the GRE models are much better in this regard.

I don't know if you are aware .. but many scanners labelled under names like Realistic and MFJ are manufactured by GRE and are some of the finest scanners on the market.

I played with the PSR800 today for the first time ... and I was extremely impressed and I have been a scanner user for over 30 years. There is nothing wrong with the PSR800, it is an excellent scanner.

I would suggest that you make sure that you have installed the latest firmware.

dan4279

grs psr 800 problem

By chance have you used the Scan Sets function? That can affect Scan Lists and bring on that error message.

i haveing with problem with my gre psr 800 scanner and the problem is the iam keep geting
the FATAL ERROR message i dont know what do to

exportdawg

i haveing with problem with my gre psr 800 scanner and the problem is the iam keep geting
the FATAL ERROR message i dont know what do to

Sounds like a bad Micro SD card. I suggest getting a new one at radio shack or best buy and then reformat the new SD card using a micro sd card reader. imo

dan4279

re gre psr 800 scanner

Sounds like a bad Micro SD card. I suggest getting a new one at radio shack or best buy and then reformat the new SD card using a micro sd card reader. imo[/QUOT do radioshack
have a right one for gre prs 800 scanner

exportdawg

Sounds like a bad Micro SD card. I suggest getting a new one at radio shack or best buy and then reformat the new SD card using a micro sd card reader. imo[/QUOT do radioshack
have a right one for gre prs 800 scanner

I have this one as backup. The Gre 800 micro card is a POS. It corrupts very easily.

h t tp ://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3522502

Not sure this is the problem, but worth a shot before you send it back. It is also good to have one a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.