Problems with NYCOMCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
I have had the 396 for 2 weeks now and managed to get it to trunk on westchester,nassau, suffolk, and nyc dep! I cannot get it to trunk on NYCOMCO! any of the jersey frequencies or the JFK airports or Port Authority How would one set this up as the system is over the 20 limit?

I tried to break it down by county dutchess, orange, ulster, sullivan! So Far Nothing at all. I do hear the digital buzz when i listen to the frequency programmed in as conventional! Any help or files in any format would be helpful

Thanks All

Larry W2LGB

Spec

I also use a 396 as one of rigs and I have no problems with any of NYCOMCO's twrs. / systems being entered in. Remember there are no real channel limits like there were in older 20 or 40 chan bank limits. NYCOM has different systems and they must be entered in as different "banks". Orange County off of Mt Beacon is one system. Illinois in Highland (Poughkeepsie) is another. Two separate systems. Enter them as EDACS -Wide. Does that help any ? And to be on the safe side use nf2g.com for the NYCOMCO frequency / user group info.

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Each Antenna "Site" needs to be loaded into its own System.
Each frequency needs to be in LCN, or the system will not trunk.

Its easier to put multi-site systems into the Mobile Version scanners (BCT-15 / BCD996T) than in their portable counterparts (BR330T/BCD396T). In the mobile versions, you create Systems, and you can add Sites to the systems. In the portable versions, you can only create systems.... 1 site per system.... I usually set one site up, with all the Groups I want to hear, and then clone it for as many sites (systems) as I need. Then - I just edit out the Trunk Freqs to create the remaining sites...

My workaround - Add all of the systems to one Sys-Key, so you'll effectively be turning on all the sites as you would have with the mobile..

Now, this is probably more than you needed already, but that is the method I'd do.

Again - don't put all the frequencies into one site - you have to break it down.
Be sure to put the channels in LCN, and tell the radio what the order is... There is a spot for LCN in the programming - make sure you use it.... Once you are done, put the radio in ID SEARCH mode, to be sure you have it done right, before you add your TG's

Good luck

scosgt

Larryfire26 said:
I have had the 396 for 2 weeks now and managed to get it to trunk on westchester,nassau, suffolk, and nyc dep! I cannot get it to trunk on NYCOMCO! any of the jersey frequencies or the JFK airports or Port Authority How would one set this up as the system is over the 20 limit?

I tried to break it down by county dutchess, orange, ulster, sullivan! So Far Nothing at all. I do hear the digital buzz when i listen to the frequency programmed in as conventional! Any help or files in any format would be helpful

Thanks All

Larry W2LGB

Port Authority is EDACS and you need to enter the proper LCN. It is a strong system, but I don't know where you are located.
I assume that the NJSP you need is NORTH. It is Moto and can do CC, so just enter 860.9625 and go with it. It is a very strong system, and you can receive it well into Nassau County.
Of course, it will be rebanded and at some point all the settings will need to be changed.

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guys, I will try this

What is the Fleet? 16 or custom? I am using free scan and what would i enter in for base freq, step and offset in the 3 spots? I set up the LCN so thats ok, now what do I enter for the APCO band plan or do I leave that blank

Thanks

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
I have the NJSP and 860.9625 as the LCN position 1 I also selected control channel only, anything else I need to add, like the apco band plan and site setup like freq, step, offset.
I am located in the lower hudson valley.

Thanks

scosgt

NJSP is not APCO at this time, it is MOTO
There is no LCN, it is a moto system.
If you can hear the CC, you should be able to scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.