Problems with Uniden BC 796D

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawson444

I am working to program a Uniden BC 796D. The unit is located in the Winston Salem, NC area. I have normal frequencies programmed into the unit fine and working. However I am trying to use bank 10 to add the Forsyth County Motorola trunked system and I cannot get it to work. The unit does show on the screen MOT ID and cycles through I CALL ID numbers, so it seems to be getting that information from somewhere. However I am not getting audio through the unit, just static as those numbers go through the screen. I have been using the advanced radio control software to program the unit. Thank you for any help at all.
The frequencies I have been trying to program are listed here. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1682

I have also included two screen shots of the setup from the advanced radio control program showing my settings.

Attachments

• scanner SS 2.JPG
    scanner SS 2.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 227
  • ss3.JPG
    ss3.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 231

Highpockets

dawson444 said:
I am working to program a Uniden BC 796D. The unit is located in the Winston Salem, NC area. I have normal frequencies programmed into the unit fine and working. However I am trying to use bank 10 to add the Forsyth County Motorola trunked system and I cannot get it to work. The unit does show on the screen MOT ID and cycles through I CALL ID numbers, so it seems to be getting that information from somewhere. However I am not getting audio through the unit, just static as those numbers go through the screen. I have been using the advanced radio control software to program the unit. Thank you for any help at all.
The frequencies I have been trying to program are listed here. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1682

I have also included two screen shots of the setup from the advanced radio control program showing my settings.

I think the problem is your control channel plan, try plan 2

spooney

I noticed you have the default 2 sec delay on all the freq's. I would change to none. As for the band plan I don't believe it is required on the 796 so I would use OFF.

dawson444

thanks for the fast responses...I changed the delay to none and changed the plan to none and I am getting the same results. What else should I check/ change?

spooney

Is it a digital system? Is your digital card ENABLED? Are you scanning in ID SCAN or SEARCH mode?

n2mdk

OK first thing to do is manually go through all the programmed frequencies, make sure you hear the the Control Channel. If you can then make sure every frequency is set to Moto and Trunk.

dawson444

ok, it seems to be working now after messing around some more with it. Thank you all for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.