Program Help uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyGBiv

I need some help programing my scanner (Uniden 396) I have the Butel Software. Is there anyone that can help in am situated in Luzerne/Lackawanna County Area. Thanks

captclint

Mentor
RoyGBiv said:
I need some help programing my scanner (Uniden 396) I have the Butel Software. Is there anyone that can help in am situated in Luzerne/Lackawanna County Area. Thanks
You can use your software to directly download Luzerne County, and PA State frequencies from this site. Just become a Premium Member, and get your scanner effortlessly programmed. Just click on the Internet link in the software menu to log into this site's database. However, you should study this page 1st, so you can decide exactly what agencies you want to monitor. The list is quite large: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2280 The software will allow you to pick an chose once you are linked up(and have your premium membership)

However, you should really understand more about the process so you can make changes later. The direct download is likely to make system and group folders that you will want to change, delete, or reorganize. Here is a much more clear instruction manual for the 396. Here is a link to help you visualize how your memory is used:Uniden DMA. Basically, I like to think of it as main folders(systems), such Luzerne County, with sub folders(groups) under the county folder such as Police, Fire, EMS. Another main folder might be PA State, with State Police, Forestry, & Game sub folders. Once you make these folders(simple with software), you can then just type the frequencies and descriptions into the sub folders. There aren't any real (you can ignore the LTR business systems) trunking systems in your area, so systems and groups of conventional freqs are a bit easier to create

It is really fairly simple and very flexible, so try to read up a little on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.