programing pro197

Status
Not open for further replies.

spairpartz

I bought my son A pro197 for Christmas and I need some help programing it. If anyone could help me it would mean so much.

shadcall

What are you trying to program? I would suggest you get ARC 500 from Butel. It is an excellent program to use in programming your scanner. You will also need a cable from Radio Shack to transfer the information and you will also need a premium subscription to Radio Reference. Links below. However depending on what you wish to program you may be able to program the scanner by hand.

ARC500 User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki
RadioShack USB-PC Scanner Programming Cable : Programming Cables | RadioShack.com
Premium Subscription Information Page

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, by all means, be specific about what you want to program. Once you get everything squared away you might go down to our Michigan forum and ask for an ARC500 file for your desired area

This wiki article contains all the links you will need to get started. Some like to start with the Easier to Read manual - and there are links here to explain trunking, common error messages and other useful tips

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Pro-197

Where in Michigan? I'm in Livingston county and can program it if you are in the surrounding area or if you have the programming cable I can make you a file and e-mail it to you.

Les

Private e-mail me.

I bought my son A pro197 for Christmas and I need some help programing it. If anyone could help me it would mean so much.

RonnieUSA

If You buy software, Win500 is much easier to use than ARC500, I know because I have both, bought, and paid for..
The only thing bad about Radio Shack Scanners is the make You buy all of the extra's.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Where in Michigan? I'm in Livingston county and can program it if you are in the surrounding area or if you have the programming cable I can make you a file and e-mail it to you.

Les

Private e-mail me.

Ditto what he said. Well im in Bay City

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Spairpartz, I agree with Ronnie about win500. I've tried win and arc before I decided to register win. OMHO, arc is a royal pain compared to win. Seeing that this is a gift, why not download win500 just to get it programmed (if you have the cable). It's free for 30 days. Barring that, there is already 2 other MI scannists ready to assist.

wheels63

If you can program your son`s Pro 197 by hand this is the best video I have found that shows you how to do it. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YT2HgYKasA>

Tom

shadcall

If You buy software, Win500 is much easier to use than ARC500, I know because I have both, bought, and paid for..
The only thing bad about Radio Shack Scanners is the make You buy all of the extra's.

I tried Win500 and hated it. I found ARC 500 works the best for me.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Agreed

My ARC 500 is now in file 13. In my opinion, Win500 is much easier to navigate for programming Pro-197/PSR 600 & Pro-106/PSR 500 radios.

I believe it is an easier to operate interface. But, as you can see, others have different opinions.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
"Appears " the OP may not be interested as it has been two weeks already with no replies as well as the the first commenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.