• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to all…

I have been reading posts on your site from time to time. Great site paid my dues. I am currently working on a project with Jaguar portables 700p’s P7100IP’s, mobiles m7100’s to start out. I have the latest version of Radio Personality Manger, and ProGrammer Software, using the TQ3370.

I am looking for fellow programs, who like to think outside the box. I need to be able to dump the data from the CMOS in its raw form from each radio. This information will then be stored in a database I am creating. I can access some of the data using different methods but not all. I have over 10,000 portables to inventory on this project alone. It takes too long to save the personality profiles, feature keys, and other info using Programmer.

For those who can help, you will be rewarded.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
10,000 radios? Oh my. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. I'm not sure how you could streamline that process without some pretty fancy custom software. Hopefully someone will be able to brainstorm with you.

WCRadioGuy

I know if you go to Tools-->Options and Directory Settings and check the box for Enable file backup, this will automatically save the tracking and feature data for each radio read or written to. The file is saved as the units ESN.trk and .enc. As for saving other radio data such as the personality, the only way that I am aware of is to save the personality.

It might be worth asking TAC about the command-line options to the programming software, so that you can set up automated batch files to do this. There are other tools also that they have that might work for you.

Some folks have built a programming station for portables using a Deluxe Charger (having modified the sense resistor to 0 ohms first) so that you can just put the radio into program mode with the "three finger shuffle" the clamp it into the charger and work on it without having to screw the lead on and off every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.