Programming BCD 396Xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

a23051coug

Setting up a BCD 396XT for my son. I understand that SD is moto type II however P25 1. I am using freescan and downloading from RR. A few questions: 1. On the trucked system freescan auto fills in mot type II/P25, I assumed this was correct till I scrolled down and saw a line saying p25 standard(digital XT) or P25 one Freq channel trunk(digital XT) Which would do I use.

2.) Freescan auto fills in APCO Auto is this what I want or do I go man or DFLT.. I'm guessing auto since I don't know anything.

3.) Freescan also auto fills in different modulation from auto,fm,nfm. which do I use or again just let the program do it for me
4.) what is a good P25 wait time.

5.) i noticed something about system band plan that fills in by itself, do I need to worry about this.

Thank You and please tell me I'm just overthinking things.

kmi8dy

p25 wait time is 400ms as stated in manual. nothing to worry about system band plan. i have caught system type sometimes useing wrong type, always check and correct if need be on this one.

starwtc

Using my XT's in South Dakota I find that p25 wait time set to 800 works better on their system.

a23051coug

Thank you folks for your help. Now I just need to figure out what type of antenna would work best in my rural area of SD

tyytor

hi, you should be able to get the Madison tower fairly good with it as is or add a any scanner out side or mobile antenna with good results or Mitchell with a vhf yagi.

SCPD

QRT
just a heads up the Mitchell tower site has a somewhat limited range compared to others..

Status
Not open for further replies.