BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Programming BCD436HP for DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyjenkis

Hi folks-

I'm working to program my new BCD436HP for my local area near Erie, CO for the DTRS.
I want to be efficient and not include all the towers in the state.
Looking at the map, it seems that Longmont, Gunbarrel and Betasso are good sites, but the signal strengths aren't great.
I'm surprised to find other towers out of the area are showing strong signals.

I have the talkgroups I want, I really just need help with the tower selections.
What's the best approach for programming?

Thanks,
Sammy

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You probably want to add 1-005 Thorodin to your programming as it covers a large portion of southern Boulder County. 1-012 Mead would be another option if you plan on traveling to the north side of the county.

3-032 Betasso is pretty much used exclusively for coverage in Boulder Canyon and doesn't get too much traffic because of that.

You may want to consider looking into the BCD436HP's site quick key options. That feature would allow you to turn on and off individual sites as you want so that you can really zero in on sites you want to monitor. The alternative could be to use a combination of site holds and site avoids to accomplish something similar.

sammyjenkis

Thanks for the suggestions.
Does it make sense that I'm picking up the following from Erie?
-Holly
-Montrose-
-Phillips
-Twin Mountain
-12 Mile
-Oak Brush Hill

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Many sites across the state reuse frequencies from other sites when there is enough geography or distance separating them. There are quite often sites with control channels or alternate control channels that are actively used by other sites located across the state,
  • "Holly" is probably 1-008 Lookout.
  • "Montrose" could either be 1-020 Denver Tx or 3-062 Horsetooth.
  • "Phillips" is probably 1-005 Thorodin.
  • "Twin Mountain" is probably 1-005 Thorodin.
  • "12 Mile" might be 1-001 Admin.
  • "Oak Brush Hill" is probably 1-006 Squaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.