Programming both the SDS100 and BCD325P2 and keeping them in sync

Cybersed

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

I have an SDS100 that I programmed with Sentinel. I will soon have a used BCD325P2 to play with. Of all the programming software that I researched, only ProScan supports both scanners. Would it be possible to use ProScan to import the SDS100 programmation and export it to the 325? Those scanners are 10 years apart but they have very similar capabilities regarding digital and analog support. Even if the export is partial, that would save a great deal of time.

Ultimately, I would like to keep both scanners in as close sync as possible, and even if I could just export to the 325 and continue from there, that would be great. But if I could have a common database for both, that would be best.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Yes. You can either read the SDS100 into ProScan or you can export files from Sentinel and import into ProScan. Then maintain everything in ProScan going forward.

You will still need Sentinel for database, firmware and profile setting updates on the SDS.

wtp

and yet some would want 'out of sync' to hear everything.
if they run at even slightly different speeds they would be out of sync quickly.

Cybersed

Premium Subscriber
and yet some would want 'out of sync' to hear everything.
if they run at even slightly different speeds they would be out of sync quickly.
By sync, I was referring to the frequencies programmed in each scanner. I may have not been totally clear on this.

Reactions: wtp

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
They are 2 totally different types of scanners. The 100/200 are DMR type scanners relying on the internal database and Favorite Lists where the 325P2 does not. The 325P2 must have each frequency/Talk Group/etc put in separately. The 100/200 uses FL "POINTERS" to the database items you want to scan. You can still program them both with Sentinel but I'm fairly certain it will not be an Import/Export type situation. You can import everything you need into @ProScan from RR since you are a Premium Subscriber. I'm sure someone else can describe this better than I have.

I had both at one time. Recently sold my 325P2 or I would test the theory.

Throw--- stones--- NOW!!!!

Cybersed

Premium Subscriber
I still don’t have the 325P2 but I’ve started to experiment with the trial version of ProScan. I can directly import lists from the Sentinel folder which is great because I have numerous conventional frequencies that are not in the RR database. Some are still in my old BC246T. But most of everything else is present in RR database and I will import them from there.

I’m new to the digital style programming because it has been about 10 years
since I left the scanner hobby. I realized that my BC246T doesn’t cut it anymore. I had forgotten how to program it and lost the computer cable. There’s still some activity on it that I don’t have on the SDS100. I’ve ordered a new programming cable and will use Freescan to extract and sort what is still valid. Freescan supports the BCD325P2 but development stopped just after the 325P2 came to the market.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
They are 2 totally different types of scanners. The 100/200 are DMR type scanners relying on the internal database and Favorite Lists where the 325P2 does not. The 325P2 must have each frequency/Talk Group/etc put in separately. The 100/200 uses FL "POINTERS" to the database items you want to scan.

Not sure what you mean by "The 100/200 are DMR type scanners"? The HomePatrol 1&2, BCDx36HP, and the SDSx00 are referred to as database type scanners while the BCD325P2 and others of Uniden's recent non-database type scanners (T series, XT series, P2 series etc.) are referred to as DMA (Dynamic Memory Architecture) type scanners. Yes, the SDS100/200 can monitor DMR, but so can the BCD325P2.

The favorites lists in the database type scanners don't use "pointers" to items in the main database for scanning. Favorites lists are separate from the main database and contain all the data that is needed for scanning them. You can create favorites lists that contain agencies, frequencies, talkgroups etc. that are not included anywhere in the main database, and they will scan just fine.

You can still program them both with Sentinel
Sentinel does not support the BCD325P2.

And to the OP....

Yes, using ProScan to import your SDS100 favorites list into your 325P2 database is the way to get the bulk of your data synced between the 2 scanners, there will be some fine tuning between the 2 scanners for features not common to both scanners but the tedious work of data transfer is made pretty easy.