Programming control channel only

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmontes77029

I am having some issues monitoring a particular site on the TX Warn P25 system. I am getting very bad performance on the Houston Public Safety Southeast site. I monitor the City of Pasadena on it and get very choppy traffic. Currently I have all the control channels and voice channels for the site programmed but I have locked out everything but the primary and alternate control channels. I am using TRX -1. I am have heard that all you need to program is the control channel. My question is do I need to just program the primary or both primary and alternate. Also is just locking out the voice channels efficient enough. Or do I just physically program control channel and do not enter voice channels at all. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You are probably experiencing Simulcast Digital Distortion.

Using CC only will not help with that. See the tips in the lick above.

However for CC only you would program the primary and alternate CCs. Some systems rotate between these frequencies. If you only had the primary programmed and it changed you would not hear anything. Programming just a couple more frequencies won't hurt anything anyway.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Keep in mind that UPMan has said that at least with P25 Phase 1 systems, control channel only programming is the default (although as has been said, adding the other freqs won't hurt, it does take memory space if you have a lot of them). I have no idea whether that's also true for Phase 2 systems

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.