Programming for Kimble Junction Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrg1std

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to program a scanner for a family member that is moving from southern California to the Kimble Junction area (just north of Park City) of Utah. I plan on adding the UCAN Lewis Peak site for Summit County and Park City talkgroups.

The primary interest is Fire/EMS. Will they be able to receive the Salt Lake City Public Safety system in the Kimble Junction area? What UCAN sites should I program for the Salt County talkgroups? Any other public safety sites or talkgroups I should include?

Thank you.

Bill

kf7yn

Since Kimball Junction is near the border of Summit and Wasatch Counties, in addition to Lewis Peak I would program in Wasatch Simulcast, Clayton and maybe Echo Peak and Francis Peak. Depending on where you are in the area, all of these can be heard.

They will not be able to receive the Salt Lake City Public Safety system directly from Kimball Junction, however some SLC talkgroups (usually dispatch only) are patched to the some sites of the UCAN system. I don't know whether they can be heard in Summit County though. Perhaps one of our Summit County friends can chime in.

m00se

I can hear VECC fire and ems for salt lake county sometimes while driving. Signal starts at the summit of parley's cyn coming down westbound. Less often I can pick up SLC's fire & ems channels starting at the same point but it's much more spotty in the canyon. I almost never hear anything from salt lake co or city in summit co past parley's summit eastbound. This is inside a car with only the radio shack 800mhz antenna. Hopefully a better antenna would have better luck.

mrg1std

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the replies. They will be using a Homepatrol II with a radio shack 800 antenna. I added a few favorite lists but the radio can search the database based on location. We will see how it goes.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.