Programming Help for a 996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt4768

I am working on learning on how to program my 996T and could use a little basic help. Prior to the rebanding, I was pretty spoiled and was able to use the Wanye and MSP sites that were pre-programmed into my 996. Recently I have updated to the latest firmware, paid for a 6 month premium membership here, installed a copy of FreeScan (which I am still learning to use). I have also been constantly reading the "Easier to Read BCD996T" online manual. I have been able to use FreeScan to program some sites and they seem to be working pretty well. I am now to the point where I would like to learn how to manually program a new site/set of groups to make sure I know how. So all that being said, here is my question:

I would like to set up a group for Washtenaw County Common/Interop Talk groups. What should I enter for the following?

1) Band Plan set up
2) Frequencies for Wastenaw
3) Would I just input the control channel frequencies shown in the database for Washtenaw County Simulcast? (and before you go there, yes I have looked in the database, hence the pemrium membership)

I do understand how to enter the groups and TGID's for each group, I'm just uncertain on what frequencies to use to set up the site. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Moderators - feel free to move this thtead if you feel it should be posted in a different part of the forum. Thanks.

CQdeKS1E

BCD996T programming

Hello,
I too found it to be too tedious, confusing to program, so I went on ebay, found a guy named Bart Bedsole who ,for $30.00 will create a file for you based on your county and what services you specify.He provides detailed instructions on how to install Freescan, download your file and upload to your radio. Check his feedback, you will be convinced! good luck,
73s

teufler

washtenaw cty

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT. Its a Freescan 2.17 file. It has Washtenaw cty , State Police, Wayne County. I'm in Missouri, I swear it seems like the "janitor" has his own talk group. ha ha

Attachments

• WASHTENAW.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 45

kibler

Feed Provider
Hello,
I too found it to be too tedious, confusing to program, so I went on ebay, found a guy named Bart Bedsole who ,for $30.00 will create a file for you based on your county and what services you specify.He provides detailed instructions on how to install Freescan, download your file and upload to your radio. Check his feedback, you will be convinced! good luck, 73s
Hello.....Will you PM me please, I need a contact link! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.