• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Programming I-Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosar19

Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
1
Whats the best way to program I-Calls on a Moto 2 system using a BR330T? Is there a wild card that will let me hear all I-Calls? Thanks
 

richster

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
529
Location
Regina, Sask.
Kosar19 said:
Whats the best way to program I-Calls on a Moto 2 system using a BR330T? Is there a wild card that will let me hear all I-Calls? Thanks
Press ".0" and then "enter" for the I-call wildcard. This will allow you to listen to any I-calls on the entire system.

If you want to enter a particular RID (radio ID), press "." followed by the RID.

Example:

You want to listen to I-calls produced by RID 4553.

You would press ".4553" then enter. If successful you should see displayed i4553.

Oh Ya I forgot, Don't forget to turn on I-calls for the system you are listening to. By default they are turned off.

Happy listening!
Richster.
 
Last edited:

ampulman

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
913
Location
South Jersey
Re: I-calls

richster said:
Press ".0" and then "enter" for the I-call wildcard. This will allow you to listen to any I-calls on the entire system.

If you want to enter a particular RID (radio ID), press "." followed by the RID.

Example:

You want to listen to I-calls produced by RID 4553.

You would press ".4553" then enter. If successful you should see displayed i4553.

Oh Ya I forgot, Don't forget to turn on I-calls for the system you are listening to. By default they are turned off.

Happy listening!
Richster.
As I am awaiting delivery of my 396 tomorrow, I have a question regarding I-calls. Looking over the systems (in the database) I intend to program, must the system list an I-call talk group? One system had 'car to car' TG's, but nothing labeled I-call.

Do most systems employ I-calls?

Thanks.

Ampulman
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,069
Location
Raleigh, NC
stevie621 said:
any body know why the pro-2096 won't receive I calls?
Just not a feature that GRE offers in their scanners (which includes the 2096)....at this time only the Uniden scanners can receive ICalls....
 

chewie327

Member
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
35
Location
Latham NY
ampulman said:
As I am awaiting delivery of my 396 tomorrow, I have a question regarding I-calls. Looking over the systems (in the database) I intend to program, must the system list an I-call talk group? One system had 'car to car' TG's, but nothing labeled I-call.

Do most systems employ I-calls?

Thanks.

Ampulman
It depends on your area. Where I live (Albany NY) none of the public safety trunked systems use I-calls but a few of the business ones do. Most systems in the database will not list an I-call group. You'll have to listen and find out.
 

trunker0205

Member
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
0
Location
Rhode Island
richster said:
Press ".0" and then "enter" for the I-call wildcard. This will allow you to listen to any I-calls on the entire system.

If you want to enter a particular RID (radio ID), press "." followed by the RID.

Example:

You want to listen to I-calls produced by RID 4553.

You would press ".4553" then enter. If successful you should see displayed i4553.

Oh Ya I forgot, Don't forget to turn on I-calls for the system you are listening to. By default they are turned off.

Happy listening!
Richster.

Does this work for the 996T as well...I have not seen any I-calls in Mass State Police since I programmed it...I programmed I-call on but did not enter.0 as a talk group..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top