Programming I-Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosar19

Whats the best way to program I-Calls on a Moto 2 system using a BR330T? Is there a wild card that will let me hear all I-Calls? Thanks

richster

Kosar19 said:
Whats the best way to program I-Calls on a Moto 2 system using a BR330T? Is there a wild card that will let me hear all I-Calls? Thanks

Press ".0" and then "enter" for the I-call wildcard. This will allow you to listen to any I-calls on the entire system.

If you want to enter a particular RID (radio ID), press "." followed by the RID.

Example:

You want to listen to I-calls produced by RID 4553.

You would press ".4553" then enter. If successful you should see displayed i4553.

Oh Ya I forgot, Don't forget to turn on I-calls for the system you are listening to. By default they are turned off.

Happy listening!
Richster.

Last edited:

ampulman

Re: I-calls

richster said:
Press ".0" and then "enter" for the I-call wildcard. This will allow you to listen to any I-calls on the entire system.

If you want to enter a particular RID (radio ID), press "." followed by the RID.

Example:

You would press ".4553" then enter. If successful you should see displayed i4553.

Oh Ya I forgot, Don't forget to turn on I-calls for the system you are listening to. By default they are turned off.

Happy listening!
Richster.

As I am awaiting delivery of my 396 tomorrow, I have a question regarding I-calls. Looking over the systems (in the database) I intend to program, must the system list an I-call talk group? One system had 'car to car' TG's, but nothing labeled I-call.

Do most systems employ I-calls?

Thanks.

Ampulman

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
stevie621 said:
any body know why the pro-2096 won't receive I calls?

Just not a feature that GRE offers in their scanners (which includes the 2096)....at this time only the Uniden scanners can receive ICalls....

chewie327

ampulman said:
As I am awaiting delivery of my 396 tomorrow, I have a question regarding I-calls. Looking over the systems (in the database) I intend to program, must the system list an I-call talk group? One system had 'car to car' TG's, but nothing labeled I-call.

Do most systems employ I-calls?

Thanks.

Ampulman

It depends on your area. Where I live (Albany NY) none of the public safety trunked systems use I-calls but a few of the business ones do. Most systems in the database will not list an I-call group. You'll have to listen and find out.

trunker0205

richster said:

Example:

Happy listening!
Richster.

Does this work for the 996T as well...I have not seen any I-calls in Mass State Police since I programmed it...I programmed I-call on but did not enter.0 as a talk group..

Status
Not open for further replies.