• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming Icom F70

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRiley

Anyone know how to get the radio into programming mode? Directions say that it is to hold F0 while powering on radio, not working. Using USB cable, drivers installed, tried all different com ports. Radio appears to briefly connect, comes up with the reading screen, then says unable to read.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

baker954

Premium Subscriber
Having exact same issue!!! Installed USB to serial drivers, and the whole shin-dig.

Someone needs to chime in on this year old problem.

edwin907

What operating system/software are you using.

I had major issues with my 64 bit Sony Vista laptop, but installed VMWare, and running XP in a "virtual PC" solved my problems with the UHF F60 and OPC-966U software/USB cable.
ICOM's reply to my question about a 64bit driver wasn't encouraging.

The IC-92AD/RS-92 software works fine under Vista 64bit with a serial-USB cable adapter.
I may need to get the F60 serial cable (instead of the USB one) to use the software with Vista

First, check device manager to see what isn't loaded with proper drivers.

MattRiley

I solved the problem and never followed up. There is an option to make the radio read-only. The dealer of our radios had done this. With icoms, however, you do not need to read the codeplug and write it back. you can just simply reprogram it from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.