• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming ICOM radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
rescuecomm said:
I had a GMRS license back when most people didn't know what they were. Myself and about 7 other people had a chance to put a GMRS repeater up in a good location. We got a system license (KAE 1586) as it was called in 1986 (one license for everyone). We had to move the repeater in 1994. and since it was a major change, the system license could not be modified. Everyone then had to get individual licenses and mine was KAE6715. After the divorce, I quit using ham and GMRS radios for several years during which time the KAE license expired. When my son and I started using using radio again, I got the WQDL410 call.

Bob
Bob ,
I didnt mean anything by what I said juts didnt want to see you get into trouble in case you didnt have a license but as always you have jerks (not you) making wise comments when you say something and add comments that are uncalled for,but it shows how some people are anyway good day...

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Finding the Flash Upgrade

Any one out here know where you can find the flash upgrade for a f43gt

My dealer no longer carries Icom, so now I am looking to upgrade this myself!

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Mdc

How would one programthe MDC function on the Icom f43gt?

I do not even see it in the software?

ANy help is appreciated

:lol:

rescuecomm

F43gs Mdc

Looks like you will need a Midian board plugged into the option slot to get MDC capabilities. Otherwise, maybe you need to sell the F43 and get an F4021 or an F4061. Or (horrors of all horrors!! Get a Motorola radio with the MDC in the radio. Incidently, big /\/\ owns the patents for MDC signalling.

LOL,
Bob

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
rescuecomm said:
Looks like you will need a Midian board plugged into the option slot to get MDC capabilities. Otherwise, maybe you need to sell the F43 and get an F4021 or an F4061. Or (horrors of all horrors!! Get a Motorola radio with the MDC in the radio. Incidently, big /\/\ owns the patents for MDC signalling.

LOL,
Bob

But those have expired, that's how come other companies are able to start offering it from the factory instead of relying on an aftermarket board.

rescuecomm

Mdc

I read up on the MDC stuff and it is capable of a lot more than agencies around here use it for. About all they do in Pickens is ID radios with it. Interesting stuff.!

Bob

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
Dealer

Anyone have a dealer in NY-NJ who programs the ICOM radio for receive only.

i want to monitor a local fd in p 25 mode with the Icom portable that has p 25 ability

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
What software version are you using on the F43.The newest is 2.2 ....

For the P25 programming I would assume you have a F70?.It is not complicated to program them for recieve only.....If you need someone to do it let me know as long as it is not a trunked system.................

cfpsairboss

I have the f43t. I go to program the MDC1200, which is an option in the programing software, and I don't think it works. I hooked my scanner up to my computer with a MDC monitoring software package and keyed the radio and got no MDC signal. I tuned the scanner to the local police freq. and the computer identified their MDC signals with no problems. So I know its not the scanner/computer/software. Any one how to setup MDC on the radio?

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
When you are going to use the mdc1200 feature you need to turn it on the actual channel in the feq menue.Then you will need to go to the mdc menu and set it up with your id.Then you need to turn it on for tx and rx then select if you want it pre or post

cfpsairboss

For some reason this still is not working. I have had the radio setup as follows... under the freq menu.
pwrsave is off ... log-out=MDC emg-out=mdc decode=mdc log=both system=system 1
under the mdc menu i have general 1 MDC On=On Self-id=0001(for testing) Pttid 1 RX=enable Ts=enable PTTID down=enable Rtt beep=enable curt beep=enable
Not sure what else i can do to make this work. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I am programing this under the lmr...should it be under PMR? Not sure what the difference is. Also maybe it could be an issue with the actual MDC self ID, how do i calculate that?

N7SAC

Connect to your radio and select Clone > Information
Be sure that is says MDC Capable here.
If it does not your need to update your firmware. Post your current version here. My guess would be 2.1 if it is listed as MDC Not Capable.

If it does say MDC Capable do the following.

Open the desired frequency and select 'System 1' under MDC

Expand MDC and Click General and turn MDC On for System 1 also change the self ID to 0001

Click PttID and Enable RX > Enable TX > Enable PTTID Up

Click Alias and enter a name for No. 1. Give it ID 0001

Write to your radio. You should hear the MDC Sqwawk when you release the PTT on your radio.

cfpsairboss

I just noticed that the radio I in fact do have is the f4021T not the F43. I was looking at both and must have ended up clicking on the wrong one. According to the Icom website this is still MDC compilable. When I click on the Info it doesnt indicate anything about MDC. Its revision 1.0. I can't find the firmware on icoms website either. I followed all of N7SAC's setup and it still doesnt work. I appreciate all your help guys. Any other ideas?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Maybe your revision of the radio does not support MDC1200, but the newer ones do? Not sure, but a guess since they have just started supporting it recently.

skaksen

Programming Icom CS-F51

I get communication error when I try to read out from my F51. I have the right com-port in the program

Do I have to press any key before starting the program?

I would be very thankful for you help

Per

Status
Not open for further replies.