• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming ICOM radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas2121

Premium Subscriber
I've gotten nowhere fast. If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

rescuecomm, this series is a great little radio. For me, it is exactly the size I was looking for. Easy to carry, and not too obtrusive. I've been carrying a Motorola MT-1000, and I'm looking forward to the smaller package.
I don't know if you've figured it out yet but the user set keys are:hold down P0 and turn on the radio, that simple. Also I have the same problem with the PL squelch.

Nasby

Hi all, I am considering the purchase of the F33GT. Can anyone tell me how the sensitivity on this radio is as compared to say the Motorola HT-1000 or MT-1000? I want to use mine primarily to monitor the railroads. Also, will the radio do split tone on PL/DCS. In otherwords, can I make the transmit freq with a DCS code and the receive freq as carrier squelch?
Thx in advance,

RADIOGUY2002

Ic-f33

Hi all, I am considering the purchase of the F33GT. Can anyone tell me how the sensitivity on this radio is as compared to say the Motorola HT-1000 or MT-1000?

I would say that its pretty close to the settings, but your best bet is to do a side by side comparison on the black sheets (data sheets) or rental demo's. For the cost difference I think you'll be quite happy with the IC-F33.

"I want to use mine primarily to monitor the railroads" Outside of the train it will work very well, inside the train you need a longer whip.

Also, will the radio do split tone on PL/DCS.

Option's
rx-146.2 tx-146.2
rx-csq tx-67.
rx-d012 tx-d012
rx-csq tx-d012

or

rx-103.5 tx-d112
rx-d112 tx-67.0

methusaleh

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the squelch threshold in the Icom can be adjusted during programming? I know I can do it with the radios I have, and the Moto should be as well.

ClayFD61

Was jsut wondering if someone would be able to help me out, I have a F3GS and I just bought the software and USB OPC-478, but I can't get the driver to work with it, even with getting it from the website I have tried on 5 different computers and no luck. Does anyone know what I need to do I am getting very frustrated..

RADIOGUY2002

Check the firmware

Check the firmware and the cable, or com port. I think I'm going to create a sticky. The software may not be compatible with the firmware on the radio.

ClayFD61

Ok if that is the cause does that mean I am not able to program it? Or is there a way to fix that problem? cause i have tried 3 different cables, and i have checked all the com ports..

RADIOGUY2002

More then likey

More then likey if you com ports and cabling seem to be the prolbem yes. Did you try locating a dealer in your area to see if they have the same prolbem in programming the radio. Aftermarket cables may not work right in some cases and may even cause prolbems with the internal cups in the radio plugs. Do we know the version of the radio and the version of the software that are in play. You can usally tell by holding certain soft keys at the same time and turning on the radio. Not all software is compatiable with certain firmare on the radio.

Last edited:

ClayFD61

Well the goood news is I finally got it all to work... Now do I have any idea what I did to get it to work that answer would be no!! lol but thanx for the help!!

jobes

Feed Provider
I still cant access the radio. Is everyone doing hold P0 and rotate vol to turn pwr on?

moparmatt

when i connect my radio im unable to clone because of wrong com port, is there a certian one i have to use or do i have to go through them all and try find one.

cabletech

mopar this thread is over two years old. As for your comp port, open device manager, then comports, plug you cable in and see what port number is assigned. Most of the Icom software will only work on com ports 1-8. If you are seeing anything else, change it to say 3 and try again

moparmatt

thanks, i found the com ports, matched them up and still nothing it trys to connect under com port 3 but i get error code 10, i forget exactly what it says. something about prolific usb connetion. if you think you can talk me through the process, i try it again and see exactly what the message says.

Status
Not open for further replies.