Programming needed for a BC346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHawk1985

I bought a scanner for entertainment use while I work (as I do security patrol), and now I'm slowly getting to know more and more about the works of scanners. However, I've ran into a few snags.

First, as I've mentioned I'm using a Uinden BC346XT, I've tried doing some manual programming just following some tutorials and the owners manual. All the TG that I've enter from RadioReference comes up as BAD TGID. I am manual entering this into the scanner, reason being I'm running only MAC OS and as far as I know there are no scanner programs for MAC.

So, I'm actually going to see if anyone would be up for one or two thing. Either if someone could just program my scanner, or sit with me and help me get it programmed. I will pay a service charge just please contact me and we'll negotiate something.

If there is a business that does programming please let me know as well. I know Radio Shack use to but I was recently told that they stopped.

Please any help would be great.
Thanks,
Matt

bchris

Hawk,

I would be glad to help, but I am traveling at the moment. I have a BC346XT and love it.
We still need to know what area you are in. It would be nice if you added your location to your profile.
I live in Ut County. There might be someone closer to where you live, so thier programming would more likely match what you want to end up with. Either way, I think one of us should use their own software to basically duplicate our entire scanner to yours. Then you can make changes as desired. I cant even imagine setting up any modern scanner w/o computer software, but in the meantime we can get you up and running, then work out the rest as we can.

Brent C.

bbrasmussen

Hi Matt,

I live in the Bountiful area if you live up north and would be glad to help. I have a BCT346XT myself. Send me a private message if you'd like.

Brandon

TheHawk1985

Hey guy appreciate the help. Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply. I live in Downtown SLC in Salt Lake County. So if you can help just let me know and I'll PM ya and we'll get something panned out.

Thanks again for all the help,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.