Programming PRO-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAD

Hello,

I'm trying to manually program my new RadioShack Pro-197. I've created one talkgroup. When I try to create another one, I select TGRP, and it takes me to the existing one. I tried creating another talkgroup on top of it but that way the first one is overwritten. How do I create more than one talkgroups?

Hello,

I'm trying to manually program my new RadioShack Pro-197. I've created one talkgroup. When I try to create another one, I select TGRP, and it takes me to the existing one. I tried creating another talkgroup on top of it but that way the first one is overwritten. How do I create more than one talkgroups?

What State and County are you trying to program? What type of system is it? This would help us here so we can help you get up and running.

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

So are you pressing the PGM key, then press the F1/NEW key, then the F1/TGRP key again when you start out?

Last edited:
Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
What I have figured out with the very same scanner programming it via the front keypad is this:

When programming in a new TGRP you should see scan lists: Enter the same one you wish to program
Move your arrow key down to TSYS and select the same system
Move down to where it says ID Wildcard and enter the next talkgroup ID you wish to enter, you will need to remove the remaining text from "wildcard"
Select the Type by moving the down arrow again make sure it's on Group
move the arrow key down to tag: and enter the text of which you wish to assign to the ID
move your arrow key down and select the settings you wish to use for the system
I move the arrow key down to delay and select none, You can obviously set this to what you wish.

Hope this has helped you, You want to make sure that before you do all these id entries that you have all of the system frequencies programmed into the list. You have a few options prior to doing this step to select the type of TSYS you wish to use. Select NEW and the type should be MOT 800/900 your scanner will automatically adjust the modulation for P25 systems if that is what you are trying to scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.