Programming Problem

Hello all, I'm having an issue with my CPS I have an older prolific drivers installed so I'm not getting a code 10 error but when I load into CPS I hit for it to read my COM3 it start to not respond I tried waiting 15 minutes and it didn't work, any ideas

Hello all, I'm having an issue with my CPS I have an older prolific drivers installed so I'm not getting a code 10 error but when I load into CPS I hit for it to read my COM3 it start to not respond I tried waiting 15 minutes and it didn't work, any ideas
I'm not trying to be nit picking, but it would help to provide the version of Windows your trying to use on your computer and which radio your trying to program. Also providing the version of the CPS your using could help as there are some versions of some radio software that have known problems.

So you are programming a radio for Privacy Plus? While never really dealing with the Privacy Plus CPS I can tell the issue you are having is almost identical to the issue I have with Waris (Profesional series) CPS using a 64 bit machine running either Windows 7 or Windows 10. Only work around I've found is to use a 32 bit machine. I typically use the IOGear RS232 to USB adapter (it also happens to be the one recommended by Motorola) if I need the adapter.

So you are programming a radio for Privacy Plus? While never really dealing with the Privacy Plus CPS I can tell the issue you are having is almost identical to the issue I have with Waris (Profesional series) CPS using a 64 bit machine running either Windows 7 or Windows 10. Only work around I've found is to use a 32 bit machine. I typically use the IOGear RS232 to USB adapter (it also happens to be the one recommended by Motorola) if I need the adapter.
Its PassPortCPS

radioguy224

Premium Subscriber
litchfield county (NWCT) / schoharie county (NY)
mototrbo xpr 6550 error 1687 message

hello all

I have a xpr6550 portable radio and I am using the latest software 15.0 and my radio firmware is R01.12.17 and the CPS VER. 13.02.03 and I keep getting the error message when I connect it with the programming cable PMKN4012A and PMKN4012B.

Please help thanks

(photo below is what the error message says)