Programming question.

Ok im setting up an id search zone so i put in trunking tgrp monitor, added all known talkgroup ids all in the clear ids i set to alert mode TONE. The enc tgids that are known added with alert mode set to SILENT. Shouldnt this work to search for new in the clear ids on a system that are unknown without having Enc. Interruption right?!

troymail

Silent Key
That's a very good question - I guess it depends on how the Monitor function is implemented...

Hopefully what you describe will work but I suspect the Monitor mode will find any active talkgroup and only uses the programmed talkgroup info for displaying labels if one exists.

Either way, sounds like your goal is to mute the encrypted voice calls ... makes sense and a good thought to try. However, I think the radio will still pause on that talkgroup for the duration and "tie up" the scanning.

Looking forward to your findings! My local system has very limited use of encryption but I'll set mine up to try it also....

Ok after running it for a while it worked partially, when the enc tgid came up it sounded for about 1 second then realized it was set to silent and kept searching. However it did not work on certain tgids at all and was sound even though it was set to mute. So i would say it works intermittently.