Programming Roanoke system into Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Trying to program the Roanokes' (or is it Roanokeses' ?) system into the 996. There are more frequencies in the RR database than the 996 can take at one site. Can someone tell me how this system is configured? Do all of the sites transmit on all of the channels? Has someone else programmed this system into a 396 or 996 and would care to share how they did it? Thanks!

...R

jehm1212

As long as you have it set to CC only mode, just enter the red frequncies. Those are the control channels and the only frequencies you should need to track the system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The CC does rotate amongst the primary and alternate CC channels on most systems. However, to make one of the other channels a CC primary or secondary, all field radios would have to be brought in and reprogrammed, so that doesn't happen too often.

However, I don't understand your original question. The 996 should have no problems accepting all 23 frequencies used by the system.

John

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to program in the following control channels and set the radio for control channel mode.

The control channels do rotate each day but it is always one of these four.

You could program in all the frequencies but it isn't really necessary. Remember the system is NOT digital so be sure it is set for standard 3600bps Motorola mode. Also, be careful of the talkgroups. The database still list most of the old type I talkgroups (show like 100-1, 300-2, etc). None of these are in use. The whole system is not type II (5-digit numbers).

John

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
John said:
Remember the system is NOT digital so be sure it is set for standard 3600bps Motorola mode. Also, be careful of the talkgroups. The database still list most of the old type I talkgroups (show like 100-1, 300-2, etc). None of these are in use. The whole system is not type II (5-digit numbers).
John

I'm still a little confused. I checked the database here, and it shows no Type-I talkgroups, only Type-II. I assumed the system was completely migrated to Type-II, but you say, "The whole system is not type II (5-digit numbers)." Then there are still some Type-I talkgroups?

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
UPMan said:
However, I don't understand your original question. The 996 should have no problems accepting all 23 frequencies used by the system.

Minor bug in UASD. Unless I missed something, the "Site" window initially comes up with <23 blanks for freqs (10 or so, I think), and has no way to "add" one. If you enter a freq manually into the last blank, a new blank is created. But there is no way to paste in more than the initial allocation all at once.

...R

John

Premium Subscriber
Actually I meant to say the whole system is now converted to Type II. Last time I looked at the database it still showed Type I and II IDs.

Again, all you should need are the control channels.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.