Programming SC Palmetto on HP-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill28227

I have a HP-1 and I am trying to program the SCHP Palmetto system on it. I live on the Lancaster / York County border in Indian Land. I seem to have all but one of the sites programmed in, the exception being the Newport site in York County which is the closest one to me. The site is grayed out on the list of sites on the HP-1 and I can not turn it on. Any suggestions, thoughts, or reasons why it does not turn on? I have the latest DB installed and the HP-1 is up to date. The database on the web site and on the Sentinel software both show 7 frequencies for the site.

Bill28227

Programming the SC Palmetto Sites on HP-1

I posted this on the South Carolina forum without too much success so I thought I would try it here. Maybe Upman could chime in too. Here it goes:

I have a HP-1 and I am trying to program the SCHP Palmetto system on it. I live on the Lancaster / York County border in Indian Land. I seem to have all but one of the sites programmed in, the exception being the Newport site in York County which is the closest one to me. The site is grayed out on the list of sites on the HP-1 and I can not turn it on. Any suggestions, thoughts, or reasons why it does not turn on? I have the latest DB installed and the HP-1 is up to date. The database on the web site and on the Sentinel software both show 7 frequencies for the site but I can not bring them into the Sentinel Favorite Lists or the HP-1. I do not have the Extreme option.
Bill

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If I understand the description of the issue correctly, I believe your current location setting is outside the range of that site.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
UpMan ... Am I understanding you correctly that Bill has set something - transmitter distance, reception location, zip code, etc - that causes Sentinel to gray-out the Newport site ?

I didn't know until reading this thread that Bill had moved down near me from the Charlotte area, so "welcome, Bill." Bill was kind enough to give me a tour of the Charlotte-Mecklenberg Police dispatch center about 15 years ago.

I can attest that the Palmetto site at Newport is easily heard here in Indian Land on my 396xt. "Newport" and "Lancaster" are the two primary sites in this area, followed by the Chester site.

Bill ... the easiest solution might be to create a "favorite" system for the Newport site, if you cannot figure out why the site is grayed out in your database.

SCPD

QRT
Set it for a RANGE of 30 miles that outta work.The sites turn on and off with different zip codes and distances.Or get ARC Patrol and you can turn em all ON like I did.

Bill28227

I will do this distance thing but I have doubts that will work. I have programmed into the HP-1 sites that are on the other side of the state, hundred of miles away but the one Newport (York County) site is only about 5 miles away. Also I know the site works since I am receiving it on my PRO-197 perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.