Programming Software for Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsummers

Anyone know of any scanner programming software available for Macs? I have a MacBook that I use for travel and carrying around. Would like to program in stuff in areas I travel to and be able to program in a hotel room or somewhere.

Yes, I do know I can get a Windows laptop and do it anywhere I have wifi too.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What little we know about is listed here (anything in blue or underlined is a link)...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Scanner/Receiver_Software_for_Non_Windows_OS

As you can see, not a heckuva lot for Macs. However I've heard that some will work under Panther, but don't quote me on that, as I'm not a Mac person. As I understand it, the serial port has a different configuration, and that causes problems as well.

Better to bite the (more expensive, granted) bullet and get a Windoze laptop with the right software....

73 Mike

bsummers

Sad Part

While I want to be able to do field programming on my Mac laptop, I already use WIN-97 to control my PRO-97, so I guess bigting the bullet and going with a cheap Windows machine. I can work on one and suf/program with the other. It will be like taking a little computer lab wth me on the road.

But seriously, why can't we come up with a way to do it from a webstie?

Status
Not open for further replies.