BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Programming updating database- not updating channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I looked at the database and I noticed there was a new channel and after updating like I normally do, I updated the database in sentinel then I wrote to scanner, then the channel did not show up, can someone help me

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
After updating the database did you click on "file" in the upper left corner, then in the drop down menu click on "save as" and then click on your profile to save, then load to the scanner?

mciupa

Wait until after Noon on Monday's. The new week's Full Database version is released then.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I looked at the database and I noticed there was a new channel and after updating like I normally do, I updated the database in sentinel then I wrote to scanner, then the channel did not show up, can someone help me
Can you supply a link to the DB page here as well as what the system or channel or talkgroup name or number is for this new channel?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
After updating the database did you click on "file" in the upper left corner, then in the drop down menu click on "save as" and then click on your profile to save, then load to the scanner?
No, I’ve never done that before and it’s worked before, I’ll try that. Thanks
-
Just updating the database does not require a "save as" from Sentinel's menu bar. The database update is saved to Sentinel as soon as it downloads from Uniden. Then just use "write to scanner" to transfer the updated database to your scanner.

If you have changed some other settings for your scanner in Sentinel during the same session you are updating the database, then you would want to "save" those changes before writing to the scanner.

MFCJR

As mciup pointed out you will have to wait until Monday's update. Or add it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.