Programming with the Uniden GPS Cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I am missing my programming cable but I have a gps cable I bought. Does anyone know if you can use the GPS cable to program the scanner using a null modem adapter, (essentially the opposite of using a null modem adapter to use the programming cable for GPS use).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
What scanner? The GPS port is for GPS use only, not for programming, on most Uniden models.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you that the data cable from a br330t will work as a gps cable on a Bcd436Hp using a null modem adapter ..

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Not the BCDx36HP series. Programming is done via the USB port.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That's incorrect. All Uniden scanners with a GPS port doubles as a RS-232 Serial Port.

I stand by my statement. I never said "programming" I just wanted to correct what jonwienke said which I think is wrong "The GPS port is for GPS use only"

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Correct, the GPS port is a standard serial port that can be used for PC control and sometimes other things.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was going to post a question on this topic, and I'm glad someone else brought it up. I have a 436HP and I'd like to get data out of it to feed a display program. Will the 435Hp feed the RH-536 program? I thought I had it working some time ago, but when I've tried lately, I get an error and the program crashes. I can't get it to work using either the GPS/serial cable or the Mini USB port.

I can feed Scanner Monitor with the from the Mini USB court, but not the GpS/serial port.

Is it possible to use the GPS/serial port to get data out or did I imagine that I did that?

Correct, the GPS port is a standard serial port that can be used for PC control and sometimes other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.