• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Promotion

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I heard the most interesting air to air traffic yesterday from Barksdale afb.
A swearing in to the rank of major.
Jerry
Was this before or after the thunderstorm diverting traffic in the afternoon? Which frequency did you here this on? That does sound interesting :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

I heard something similar during the Coca-Cola 600 two or three years ago. Think it was to captain? struck me as odd cause i figured, big fancy fighter and all that, aren't you already the captain of the ship? it was before the fighters did their flyover. really surprised me. especially with all the focus on safety.

i mean, who is holding the bible? and where is he sitting? shouldn't we be keeping both hands on the steering wheel?