Propagation Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkn50

Long Time Member
Premium Subscriber
For years I used dxmaps to watch for vhf low band propagation --> QSO/SWL real time maps and lists

However, due to the dramatic increase in FT8 traffic and reduction of traffic of other modes on the HF ham bands (see this chart: EI7GL....Blog, scratchpad and links: Club Log stats show the rise of FT8 mode in 2018) I find this map more useful: Display Reception Reports

For vhf low band I use these settings: "On" six or ten meters, "show" signals, sent by, country of callsign, (you can use any ham callsign), "using" FT8 (I specify FT8 because All Modes will also show reports from MSK144 Meteor Scatter & there can be a lot of them on six meters), "over the last" 15 mins.

For tropo openings on vhf high band I used this map but it currently does not show any signals, only the map: VHF Propagation Map

KR4BD

For years I used dxmaps to watch for vhf low band propagation --> QSO/SWL real time maps and lists

However, due to the dramatic increase in FT8 traffic and reduction of traffic of other modes on the HF ham bands (see this chart: EI7GL....Blog, scratchpad and links: Club Log stats show the rise of FT8 mode in 2018) I find this map more useful: Display Reception Reports

For vhf low band I use these settings: "On" six or ten meters, "show" signals, sent by, country of callsign, (you can use any ham callsign), "using" FT8 (I specify FT8 because All Modes will also show reports from MSK144 Meteor Scatter & there can be a lot of them on six meters), "over the last" 15 mins.

For tropo openings on vhf high band I used this map but it currently does not show any signals, only the map: VHF Propagation Map

If you zoom in to specific areas of the VHF Map, I CAN see areas of enhanced propagation. There are several areas along the east coast and Midwest that show some enhanced propagation...

Status
Not open for further replies.